Ebay - Unable to cancel a transaction

572 of 997 Ebay reviews

I placed a bid & subsequently won and paid for an item, Microsoft Office 2007. The seller stated in their description that returns accepted for the period of 14 days. According to eBay return policy, this can be for any reason, including buyer's remorse. So I did have a remorse and attempted to cancel the transaction. I clicked this very link on eBay site, which has gotten me precisely nowhere. In other words, I was unable to do what the link says I could. Even after I checked this item from a list, I get the message that I didn't win it. Excuse me? I know I did win, and even paid. Anyway, I emailed the seller and asked to cancel before shipping. I did this a few times but am being ignored. I called eBay Support who couldn't even spell the seller's name right, and she directed me to the seller's info. I then phoned the Seller at home, so far, you guessed it, no response.

How come that eBay & the seller's policies are different, and eBay does nothing about it? eBay states that if a seller accepts returns, this could be done for any reason, while this seller states that this could be done only if an item is not as described? Apparently, eBay condones this kind of practices.

I will NEVER buy from them again. STAY AWAY FROM EBAY! DON'T BUY FROM THEM! Or you'll get screwed.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
572 of 997 Ebay reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
G.

Jul 06, 2012 #508093

If a seller has a return policy the seller has the right to put in details about and how their specific policy works. eBay never says that you can return an item for any reason, but it's a good selling practice for sellers to accept a return for any reason. If the item is not as discribed and the seller is unwilling to help then eBay can step in and help get your funds back, but ebay buyer protection will not cover buyers remorse.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.