Terrible, terrible, terrible.

I was forced to spend a full HOUR on the telephone with eBay's so-called "customer support" staff, all of whom had suspiciously middle-eastern-sounding accents, and had no problem leaving me on hold for ridiculous lengths of time.

I found the "support staff" to be highly incompetent at using both their phones and computers. I was told several times that the representative was taking so long to find an answer to my question because of 'technical difficulties' using his computer, and was actually disconnected after waiting on 'Hold' for nearly half an hour at one point.

When I called back a second time, I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor immediately, and was AGAIN put on 'Hold' for an in ordinate length of time. When the so-called manager finally came to the line, she (an Indian-sounding woman named "Joe," if you can believe such a thing,) proved useless when she promised to email me "an online COUPON for 10% off to show consideration..." which I have yet to receive, more than 4 hours later.

The frustration from being asked to wait "three to four minutes at most" on Hold, and then continually re-placed on Hold for what turned out to be an hour, with NO satisfactory results, was an unacceptable experience by American Business standards. It is clear that eBay's "customer support" team believes they can allow people to hold until the following business day in hopes the caller will simply hang up.

Perhaps in the country where these people are running their call-center they feel this is acceptable. I found it to be highly inconsiderate and insulting.

This was a most unfortunate experience.

Had an Experience with Ebay?

Comments

Ebay is a hard handed monopoly!They do not care about anyone, especially sellers.

The Ebay Gestapo!:(

ive been through two 45 minute bouts with customer service trying to get back $1544 from an obviously dubious seller.its finally been rewarded in my favor just now but now they tell me there is a 5 day hold on the money due to the amount being over $1000.

The item was purchased on 4-23-11. It is now 5-16-10. Ive already waited enough and pray there isnt another waiting period after this last waiting period. ebay has serious issues with its claim process.

It hasn't always been this bad.

Im funding anything over $1000 with my credit card so i dont have to put up with this claim process.The next time I'll file a CC chargeback for these amounts.

Ebay only care about making money, they do not care about the people who use their site. You can go round and round in circles on the site, and round and round in circles on the telephone being passed from one person to another. Their Customer Service is truly awful!!!!!

I f-ing hate ebay and wish to god there was another competitor because i would jump ship so fast.

I'M GOING ON AN HOUR FOR SOMETHING REMARKABLY SIMILAR.ONE SCREW UP AFTER ONOTHER ON THEIR END.

LONG WAIT TIMES.THIS LAST TIME I WAS PASSED TO A NEW DEPARTMENT WITH A 30 MINUTE WAIT TIME!

This sounds like a mirror image of my experience with ebay support this month.