2.7K views

Sells broken items, says they're tested and works in one area of the auction then below that says she "doesn't test for ....functionality"

Sends known broken items, then forces you to pay good money after bad to return ship. Offers a token $4 dollars to make you go away, but then also states she doesn't do partial refunds.

Blocks you from future auctions if you give a negative or neutral feedback, that's feedback extortion that falsely inflates her feedback percentage.

Won't photograph what's in an open box, just the box itself, then makes UPS damage claim on an item that was broken before it shipped. Attached picture is one example of many.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Most of the items they sell say damaged/broken. Did you expect them to automatically repair themselves during shipment?

You obviously didn’t read the description before you purchased the item. The majority of the product sold from Karen’s barn were returns.

Bought several Items and never had a problem . Zero problem on the one return I had.

GREAT I HAVE BOUGHT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF THEIR ITEMS AND HAVE ONLY HAD A QUESTION ABOUT 1 ITEM SORRY TO SEE THEM OFF E BAY

You get what you pay for. If you want brand new then go buy retail. Very satisfied customer

They have a disclaimer. I have bought a few things from them ...

not prefect but no big problems . Wow what a lot of big babies....

to William #1541992

This kind of things happening across the board. This is why they have been shut down. Karensbarn was a very shady group that list is things working and sold them clearly broken

to William #1557721

How would you like it if you received a "brand new" Shop-Vac from karensbarn that was listed as a new store return, that actually look like it have been taken out of the dumpster. The Shop-Vac that that I received wasn't even the same model as that displayed on the box.

The Shop-Vac was beaten up from years of use, and was coated and caked with filth and sewage on the inside. It was so bad, that the air filter was completely destroyed, was covered in sewage, and essentially disintegrated. I'm surprised that I didn't get dysentery cleaning it out. That happened because I'm a big baby?

Oh, did you ever ponder why karensbarn intentionally does NOT take photographs of the items when they're out of the box being tested to ensure that they power on? It would take her two clicks of the camera to photograph the items when out of the box. But she doesn't do that. It's because she knows the contents are either disgusting, broken, or missing.

But the most likely explanation is the karensbarn doesn't even test to see if an item will power up. How would you feel if you paid for 22 shower heads, but were only sent 10, and karensbarn said "too bad?" When you take money from people, and only send them half of what they purchased, where I come from, that's called stealing. Or how would you feel if you purchased 5 light fixtures, and instead, received a box full of smashed glass? Right again!

It was because I'm a big baby! And, the seller, karensbarn, despite having been told by eBay that the United States Postal Service will not ship broken glass because it's hazardous material, still insisted that I send it back with a USPS label. Needless to say, Karen Payne at karensbarn doesn't get to tell me what to do, especially when it violates the rules and regulations of the United States Postal Service. But then again, I'm just a big baby, right?

Oh, and how about receiving box fans that was supposed to be new, that stopped working almost immediately? I sent a video to eBay, PayPal, and that pillar of the community, karensbarn, demonstrating plug in the fan into an electrical outlet, while plugging other appliances into the same electrical to show that everything else works, except of course for the fan, and was refused a refund. PayPal finally came through with their guarantee 3 months later. That was a fun process.

Yep, this must have all happened because I'm a big baby. Thank you for pointing out that when an operation like karensbarn steals from me, that it's just because I'm a big baby. Thank you for clarifying that. By the way...

Karensbarn used to list nearly 3,000 items for auction every single month. She got shut down a couple of weeks after I filed a three-page formal complaint, and I imagine a lot of others did so too. I like to think that I am a part of the fact that she was banned from trading on eBay.

To coin a phrase...bwahahahahaha. Hugs and kisses, Just a Big Baby

ExtrovertedDuck

This business ("karensbarn") is a straight up criminal organization and should be blocked / blanned by eBay and indicted by the Illinois Attorney General. As every commentor / poster on this site has stated or confirmed--this company lists items for sale on eBay that are missing parts, broken, or both.

They offer a "full refund" but that certainly doesn't cover the time spent / wasted / lost dealing with their fraud. If you list a light fixture on eBay with only a photo of the exterior of the box--the absolute underlying assumption by ALL bidders / buyers is that they will receive that light fixture--in full--if they buy it / win the auction. I won ebay auctions on 2 lots of (3) light fixtures EVERY SINGLE fixture I was sent was either missing parts--or had broken parts. That's six out of six--100% failure rate.

They sold / mailed me a 3 light vanity that did not have a SINGLE glass shade in the box... out of THREE. Not broken--completely missing. Their reply?

"We don't look inside the boxes before we list / sell the items... it takes too much time." Really? That's odd. Because it literally too me less than 2 minutes to determine that parts were missing from the boxes.

2 minutes or less.

But it took me 2 HOURS to open a case w/ eBay, sent multiple emails, drive to the post office, stand in line, and mail the boxes back to these *** If there ever was a RICO case to be made--Karens Barn certainly should qualify as a criminal gang. I can't even imagine how many eBay members they have ripped off--stealing either mine, time--or both.

to ExtrovertedDuck #1536912

To all that have dealt with Karen's Barn in the past------this is a warehouse setup in Shorewood, IL., NOT an individual person selling items on Ebay. This outfit, like SLI.Com, share common warehouse floor space, selling damaged store returns, open box shelf pulls, and discontinued merchandise.

As such, the people working there WILL NOT LOOK in open boxes ( I had my frustrating 3 emails over that score!). What you will get is (frustrated) "boiler-plate" responses to your inquires. Keep in mind the "warehouse mentality " of the workers and you will be less irritated. The auction text for every auction clearly states the condition of the items, in terms that are less than what you are accustomed to.

You have to read into the words and decide if the item is really worth the risk of shipping (returns), purchase, etc. Of the 4 items I purchased, 3 functioned perfectly. 1 was damaged. Luckily for me, I live 22 miles from the warehouse and was able to drive back and get a full refund for the damaged item.

(which was an open box item they refused to remove from the box and tell me IF there was any damage to the product)!!

Make better choices by reading every word in the auction text, to prevent yourself from the stress. Pballnut1 (I have been buying & selling on Ebay since 2001)

to pballnut1 #1536949

This is what's happening right now, 8/10/2018, for those interested: New message from: karensbarn (183,547RedShooting Star) Hello, Thank you for your message. I currently am listing my items on a different site, due to eBay's policy I can not disclose the site name.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, thank you for baring with me at this time. Kind regards, Karen

to ExtrovertedDuck #1573418

UPDATE: YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! KARENSBARN/KAREN PAYNE HAS BEEN KICKED OFF OF EBAY, BUT SHE'S SENDING MESSAGES TO PEOPLE LYING ABOUT IT...SHE SAYS IT WAS HER DECISION...I CONTACTED EBAY, AND WAS TOLD THAT EBAY TERMINATED HER SELLING PRIVILEGES BECAUSE OF THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS THAT SHE IGNORED.

ScantStingray

Here's my message to Karensbarn (crooked eBay seller) from yesterday...I'm not expecting her to resolve anything, because she NEVER resolves ANYTHING. She's all talk and no action.* * * * * * *Karen:Save the canned speeches.

YOU'RE A BAD SELLER AND YOU KNOW IT. You send these identical messages for the frequent complaints against you, every time that you defraud & cheat your customers. It's in your negative feedback, & also on a website that YOUR angry customers created.It's been 13 days since I received my order. You never responded to ANY of the issues that YOU YOURSELF CAUSED, although eBay notified you REPEATEDLY because you wrongfully blocked my messages.

My order arrived in an inexcusably beaten-up condition, and that is completely 100% YOUR FAULT, because YOU didn't pack ANYTHING properly, just as with every other complaint against you (2,140+ in the 12mos), & you always blame the shipper when it's YOUR FAULT. I demand that you respond to each of the following:1. I messaged you after all of my auctions ended, as your auctions say that I am entitled to ask questions about my order after I've won them. You sent me ANOTHER one of your canned messages saying that you didn't have the time nor inclination to do so.

I responded, advising you that if I didn't receive what was described, because you didn't feel like taking a look at what the boxes said, I would have to have eBay intervene, WHICH IS MY RIGHT. I paid you nearly $170, and IMMEDIATELY thereafter, you blocked me from bidding AND you blocked my ability to send you messages. What is your justification for doing this?2. Anna with the eBay Resolution Center sent you an email after I had called eBay 3 days after I was supposed to get a tracking number from you.

I had to involve eBay, because YOU blocked my ability to message you. She told you unequivocally that out of your list of "justifications" for blocking a buyer, I was NONE of those things. I have a perfect 100% feedback record with eBay over nearly 5 years, I always pay immediately, I have no issues with anyone, and I'm in EXCELLENT standing with eBay. Anna called me a few days later and told me that you said that you had mixed me up with someone else, and that you would correct my ability to bid on your auctions, & would take off the block from my messages.

YOU LIED TO HER. You never corrected those things. Why did you do this?3. The 5 light fixtures arrived smashed to shards, except for 2 globes.

I found it interesting that ALL of the bubble-wrapped LED light bulbs were smashed, INCLUDING THOSE INSIDE of the 2 unbroken glass globes. So, the box obviously left your warehouse in that shape. You insisted that I return a box of broken glass to you, and despite the fact that eBay advised you that the postal service will not permit shipping a box of broken glass, because it is hazardous material. Why did you ship broken glass and insist that I send it back?4.

The box for the lot of 22 shower heads contained only 12. Why didn't you send me the 10 that I didn't receive? Why were you unwilling to refund my money for the 10 that I didn't receive? Your feedback is clear that you ARE in the business of sending shorted orders, and you force the buyer to pay for items that you NEVER shipped.

How do you justify that?5. It is IMPOSSIBLE that the Shop-Vac was a customer return. It was obviously used for years, the inside is thickly coated with many layers of filth & sewage (& smells like it), and the air filter is absolutely destroyed and clogged with sewage. This was taken out of a dumpster.

I spent 3 hours cleaning the sewage out of the Shop-Vac, and had to buy an $8 filter. Why were you unwilling to give me a price adjustment for intentionally misrepresenting this item?6. I also ordered 2 lots of three Lasko Fans. One lot was supposed to be brand new, but the oscillating fan had big chunks out of the cage in which the blade rotates.

The metal fan in that lot was badly dented. As for the other lot of 3 20" box fans, there was no packing material AT ALL to keep them from being damaged in shipping.

You could not have possibly NOT KNOWN that these would arrive dented and caved in, just as they did arrive.I filed a complaint, and I hope eBay puts you out of business. You deserve it.

I was banned by Shorewood Liquidators aka eBay "Karensbarn" for asking for a picture of the actual item being sold. The auction listing stated that the item condition was visible in the auction listing pictures.

All that showed was 6 pictures of the box the item was shipped in. For asking for an actual picture of the item, she banned me.

Currently the feedback rating is running around 75%. eBay would rather make money than police their worst sellers.

She won’t even respond to me. I am so angry. Spent $92 on a Ring doorbell that is useless.

ThankfulBuffalo

I had a great experience buying from Karensbarn. I bought a jawbone up3 (fitness tracker).

I've also looked at lots of this sellers items and ALL of them explained in their descriptions that the item was tested by powering it on ONLY & that there's a chance it might not be fully functional.A lot of eBay sellers don't even offer returns but Karensbarn does.The fitness tracker I bought did not work properly so I had2 contact them about returning, which they had no prob with & actually offered me a partial refund, which I declined and just sent the item back for a full refund of the price plus initial shipping. I could have gotten my return shipping $ back thru PayPal if I hadn't lost the receipt from the post office (I'm not sure if PayPal still offers this return shipping refund) but I had no problems with this seller..If you're going to buy from them just make sure to read the description really well & realize there is the possibility that the item won't be fully functional.I saw the same info on EVERY listing telling that they sell store returns, so they weren't trying to hide that fact.

to ThankfulBuffalo #1451429

I’m agree with Buffalo. I have the same experience with her.

I bought many items from her and when I returned two she banned me. Never buy anything that you cannot mach it with the box. They take picture of the box and what you will get a different item. She is an evil and deceitful lady.

They know what they are doing and Ebay allow them to do it because the money generate for EBay. You could be lucky with some item, but they will steal your money. UPS dropped them because all the false claim that they made. Currently they are using Fedex until the same thing happen with them.

Stay away from her.

She got no heart. I expend thousands of dollars on her site and she banned me for two claims.

to ThankfulBuffalo #1537062

I love them . I purchased a lot of 15 sprinklers only one was bad . Cost me the same amount as a single sprinkler for all 15.

#1441928

If it states returned item then you should know what to expect. Of course the items are cheap priced.

You must be new to ebay because this is the oldest type of ebay hustling there is. Jokes on you.

to Greg #1547143

Maybe you got lucky, but when you receive a Shop-Vac like I did, for example, listed as a store return, but it looks like it came out of the dumpster, is coated with layers and layers of noxious filth and sewage, and the filter is completely destroyed and caked in sewage, That's a pretty good indication that it's NOT a store return. This piece of crap that I got was many years old, and it had been used frequently..and without question, came out of the dumpster. The box didn't even match the model that was contained inside.