Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jun 14, 2021

It is ongoing and not resolved.

Original review posted by user Jun 14, 2021

My name is Carmen Gonzalez,

On the day of June 11, 2021. I was on a website called Offer Up.

I was interested in purchasing a vehicle through the site. I found a post for a 2011 Black Lexis. I got in contact with the person's information left on the post to see if it was available. The name listed was a Hellen Watson.

I emailed her and she responded. She then told me to leave my information Name, Number, Email and Address. I then sent her a message saying I would like to purchase the vehicle. The women sent me an email where I was told to send $1,000 payment through eBay gift cards that were individually $200 a piece at a CVS located near me.

She then had given me a phone number to calI which I had and it ended up being a man on the other end taking my ebay card confirmation numbers from me. I was informed that he was an agent working with ebay's protection program I had no idea of the persons name I was speaking to. He then told me that they had the vehicle in storage on hold waiting to be shipped at an address in Pennsylvania where she supposedly was located. I was also told the vehicle would be held until I paid another $1,000 payment, which I could not afford, because her insurance didn't cover the amount to transport the vehicle.The next day I was told through the email to purchase another $500 dollars more in gift cards which was a total of 8 ebay gift cards I'd purchased.

She stated in email that I would pay a $500 payment and the other $500 payment would be taken care of by her to cover the additional $1,000 that was needed to transport the vehicle. She said we would split the total cost for delivery with me for a grand total of $2,000 all together which I paid $1,500 payment out of the $2,000. I then called the man on the phone number I was given. He stated to me that everything was done and I was going to receive a confirmation through email in the morning that the vehicle was all paid up and it was going to be sent to my address in two days on a weekday.

The conversation had ended. Later the same day I tried to call the number again to speak with gentleman and the number was then disconnected and I have not heard from anyone I've tried contacting the women and tried the phone number but I have had no replies to the emails or phone calls. I have been taken advantage of and scammed for $1,500 dollars that I don't have I am disabled and live on a fixed income.

Please if someone could help I really appreciate it! Please Help

User's recommendation: Do not ever purchase a vehicle online without viewing or meeting with the dealer.

Ebay Cons: Scams, Not enough personal information protection.

Comments

#2023560

no contact info

#2023562
@PissedConsumer2023560

Yes sorry my email is jacquelinegonzalez89@***.com

#2023558

do u have a email address ? or any contact info

Ebay Reviews