Resolved
4.6
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jun 03

This complaint is expressly NOT about E-Bay and NOT about Amazon, but about a seller abusing the system. Amazon and E-Bay are clear of all blame.

Original review posted by user May 20

In April, 2018, I ordered a "sun moon stars woven cotton throw-blanket with tassles" from paulsaccount4 on E-Bay for $53 plus shipping. A few days later I received in the mail an AMAZON box containing a blanket, with a little Amazon slip saying it was a free gift from MuiFa Direct.

The slip had a QR code (barcode) on it that took me to an Amazon link asking me to thank MuiFa for my free gift. I did not click the confirmation. As no box ever arrived from Paulsaccount4 or EBay, I enquired with E-Bay about my package. After several exchanges with the seller, the seller (named Joe!) confirmed that he had originated the delivery of the Amazon box to me.

The entire transaction reeks of scam to me, since Amazon does not ship free gifts and in any case does not have my current mailing address. Also, the price of that blanket on Amazon is $39-$40. It concerns me that somebody is SELLING "free gifts" from Amazon/MuiFa above the cost of purchasing said item from Amazon.

Subsequent to contacting E-Bay and Amazon about this scammy transaction, the only things I notice are that this seller has 39 negative reviews, no more items for sale at this moment, as well as a history of using various usernames (to conceal a history of bad reviews?). Shocked

Review about: Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments