Sold item on eBay: lost my money and item because eBay decided in buyer favor
In February 2016, I sold an iPhone 4s to a buyer.About a month and a half later buyer opened claim stating they never received item.
eBay never notified me via email that there was a dispute case opened, usually eBay notifies if there is a due invoice, alert, a dispute which needs my attention, however, in this case I was not notified. On March 30, 2016 I logged into eBay to make a purchase where i noticed that there was a pending case staining that buyer had not received the item, so upon coming home i attempted to find my receipt to provide as proof of shipping, and I could not find it. March 31 i contacted eBay telling them that today morning eBay decided in favor of the buyer and refunded the buyer the money, and i don't have item as i had shipped it. I told eBay that i do not have receipt but i can try look for it again or maybe using my paypal debit card transaction id request from post office to reprint the receipt.
eBay told me that no matter what they can not do anything and i am out of luck meaning; I do lose the money and lose the item i sold, so essentially i got played/scammed buy buyer/ebay which ever one. I begged an pleaded how illogical this sounds and how their excuse is not plausible. Later same day i found the receipt and contacted eBay again explaining that I have proof that i shipped item and just not fair to be scammed out of my item and money, this just does not make sense!
Again response was same sorry can't do anything.Now I'm lost and just shocked on the injustice, unfairness, and carelessness of eBay towards sellers, especially me being long time customer an seller (sellers the make eBay money).
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Diversity and price
What I disliked
- Horribile business
- Financial theft
- No seller protection
- Too many lies
- Not fair
- Reason of review:
- Seller protection
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iphone 4S
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Ebay online purchase Claim ID: 427059 PaisaPay ID: 35768261751 Item number: 321329149944 Bought mobile in ebay, mobile had scratches in temp scratch guard and thump impression, which showed mobile was opened already, flip guard and scratch guard..."
- "On May 4, 2012, I bid on and won a Canon Powershot SD4000IS (item # 290703644697 ) for $113 from eBay seller Spital911. I had been looking for one of..."
- "It seems that every single month that I get my invoice from EBAY it is wrong. Not only that but when they credit me back for "Partial Refunds on..."
- "I order a dog and uship pet courier delivery killed my dog and scammed me with money and wanted more money if I don't give it to them I will..."
- "Back around my birthday, believe it or Not which was on Saturday, February 13, 2016, I tried to send my contractor a payment via Paypal and it would Not go..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "Mr/Ms WFG No-name from Nowhere. Please spare us your big fat lie about "many big earners" at WFG. It's total bull cr*p and you know it. Here I give you..."