100% full Not resolved
3.3
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

In February 2016, I sold an iPhone 4s to a buyer.About a month and a half later buyer opened claim stating they never received item.

eBay never notified me via email that there was a dispute case opened, usually eBay notifies if there is a due invoice, alert, a dispute which needs my attention, however, in this case I was not notified. On March 30, 2016 I logged into eBay to make a purchase where i noticed that there was a pending case staining that buyer had not received the item, so upon coming home i attempted to find my receipt to provide as proof of shipping, and I could not find it. March 31 i contacted eBay telling them that today morning eBay decided in favor of the buyer and refunded the buyer the money, and i don't have item as i had shipped it. I told eBay that i do not have receipt but i can try look for it again or maybe using my paypal debit card transaction id request from post office to reprint the receipt.

eBay told me that no matter what they can not do anything and i am out of luck meaning; I do lose the money and lose the item i sold, so essentially i got played/scammed buy buyer/ebay which ever one. I begged an pleaded how illogical this sounds and how their excuse is not plausible. Later same day i found the receipt and contacted eBay again explaining that I have proof that i shipped item and just not fair to be scammed out of my item and money, this just does not make sense!

Again response was same sorry can't do anything.Now I'm lost and just shocked on the injustice, unfairness, and carelessness of eBay towards sellers, especially me being long time customer an seller (sellers the make eBay money).

This person wrote the review because of "seller protection" of iphone 4s from Ebay and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $112 and wants Ebay to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was horribile business, financial theft, scam and unfair. Author liked the most diversity and price. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ebay for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ebay?

Comments

When you sell on eBay, you should always buy shipping through eBay as it will automatically upload all tracking info.I sold a phone on ebay where the buyer received it but lied and said it didn't work.

Ebay froze the money and I was out the phone & shipping expenses.

Ebay always sides for the buyer even if you have proof.:(

LadyScot

Never mind.I see that you sent it over seas.

You are screwed.This is an expensive lesson for you.

LadyScot

You are SOL.Why you would ship an expensive item like that without delivery confirmation, insurance or signature confirmation, trackable through paypal, is beyond me.

There are warnings all over Ebay explaining to sellers how to protect themselves from false claims. You were an easy target.

About the only option you have now is to file a mail fraud case with the post office and the police department.However, unless you purchased some sort of tracking, you can not prove the buyer received the item.