Sold item on eBay: lost my money and item because eBay decided in buyer favor
In February 2016, I sold an iPhone 4s to a buyer.About a month and a half later buyer opened claim stating they never received item.
eBay never notified me via email that there was a dispute case opened, usually eBay notifies if there is a due invoice, alert, a dispute which needs my attention, however, in this case I was not notified. On March 30, 2016 I logged into eBay to make a purchase where i noticed that there was a pending case staining that buyer had not received the item, so upon coming home i attempted to find my receipt to provide as proof of shipping, and I could not find it. March 31 i contacted eBay telling them that today morning eBay decided in favor of the buyer and refunded the buyer the money, and i don't have item as i had shipped it. I told eBay that i do not have receipt but i can try look for it again or maybe using my paypal debit card transaction id request from post office to reprint the receipt.
eBay told me that no matter what they can not do anything and i am out of luck meaning; I do lose the money and lose the item i sold, so essentially i got played/scammed buy buyer/ebay which ever one. I begged an pleaded how illogical this sounds and how their excuse is not plausible. Later same day i found the receipt and contacted eBay again explaining that I have proof that i shipped item and just not fair to be scammed out of my item and money, this just does not make sense!
Again response was same sorry can't do anything.Now I'm lost and just shocked on the injustice, unfairness, and carelessness of eBay towards sellers, especially me being long time customer an seller (sellers the make eBay money).
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Diversity and price
What I disliked
- Horribile business
- Financial theft
- No seller protection
- Too many lies
- Not fair
- Reason of review:
- Seller protection
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iphone 4S
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "IncidentI purchased a Red and black contemporary sofa from LA furniture via ebay! I called prior to purchase to confirm the red was primary red rather than some off color...."
- "Bought a ring from England. Diamond and ruby gold ring. Got the ring it broke in 2 days and turned my finger green. Seller said I was lying about the..."
- "I want to say i was excited when i rolled across this karenbarn ,but behold i did not know i was buying a box of junk ... I should have listen..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "This place *** suck , the manager as yet to return my calls and when I go to the office she is to busy to talk. I reported i have..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- "This is a scam warning!! Julian Rouas Paris - A Perfume Deal That Stinks!! Julian Rouas is making money on the wrong side of the law. Investors, beware! Financing Julian..."
- "The conditions at La Fitness / La Cienega Blvd continue to decline rapidly. It has gotten to the point of being "unsanitary". This weekend the men locker area was disgusting...."
- "Parfum de Golf by Anna Planet. Ripped off by Julian Rouas Paris!!I'm Anna Planet, a world traveler, a painter, a stargazer, an artist who works instinctually. I'm the creator of..."