3.9
Turnaround Time

I received an email from eBay the first part of September 2016 which offered a $40.00 purchasing coupon if I sell an iPhone on eBay before October 31st. I had an iPhone 6s and a 5s that I no longer used, so I activated the coupon and listed it.

Bbefore listing the 5s, I called eBay customer service (which I had to Google the phone # because none listed on the site), to ask if I sold both phones on eBay can I redeem two coupons and the agent told me that I could, but would not receive the coupons in my email until after the promotion ended, which was Oct 31st. Both phones sold right away and I waited for the coupons emails until Nov. 19th. When I called eBay to see why I had not received the coupons, calling the same CS number which I had saved, the agent did not know what I was talking about, and could not find a record of the eBay promotion.

He asked if I had a copy of the email, but when I went to my inbox to see, the email was gone. I do not remember deleting it and I do not think I did. The agent said he would investigate and talk to management and would call me back within 24 hours. He called me back 6 days later, and needless to say, eBay would not honor the promotion.

If the promotion had come in my personal email, and I had not talked with an eBay customer service rep, I could understand it being a scam, but it was in my eBay account email. I will never sell anything else on eBay and purchase a lot less than in the past, if I purchase anything from them.

If any eBay account holders has a copy of this promotion email, please let me know. However I'm sure eBay deleted it from all seller inboxes.

Reason of review: Not honoring a selling promotion.

Preferred solution: $80.00.

Comments

Laurel, Maryland, United States #1265853

Ebay is very sneaky. I had my CC# stolen 4x during the short time I sold items on there. I believe they were selling CC# to Chinese during the 2004-2006 time frame.