Update added by user Jun 11, 2013
There are two organizations trying to get eBay to respond. From what I know about the on-line Shyster company, just don't waste you time. They won't respond to anything that will put them in a negative light
Original review posted by user May 11, 2013
On March 5, I purchased an advertised CHEVROLET HHR 4 LAYER WATERPROOF CAR COVER from an Ebay approved seller known as AutoArmourCovers.com; a “Porsche Owner Approved Company” for $42.30! I received a thin tissue paper quality cover which was neither waterproof, dustproof nor protected against UV rays. Within 2 weeks it started ripping at all the stress points. Between Ebay and the seller we exchanged 8 emails. I sent them photos including where my wife was painstakingly trying to sew the holes together. Naturally I got the typical run-around. The seller kept requesting more information while Ebay referred me to their so called Resolution Center. The seller dragged out the communications past 45 days which disqualified me from Ebay’s “Buyers Protection Plan”! The Resolution Center had the patented “We’ll get back to you” response.
Long story short; the seller agreed to let me return the cover IN ORIGINAL CONDITION within 60 days of the sold date. That email came on day 61. On May 7, two weeks after the 45 day Buyer Protection Plan deadline expired, Ebay sent me a “Case Closed” notice. Their explanation…I opened the case AFTER the 45 day expiration. That being the case, why didn’t the super smart personnel at Ebay tell me this when I opened the case instead of wasting my time until it was too late?
If you type “Ebay Complaints” into Google you’ll immediately find out what kind of organization it is. From what I read, they treat their sellers in the same irresponsible way as they do the buyers. If you go to AutoArmourCovers.com you’ll find their ‘support’ consists of a single email address that nobody monitors. Halfway down their homepage you’ll find one line in big letters stating LIFETIME WARRANTY. Right below that is printed 3 YEAR WARRANTY. Your guess!
Ebay is an Internet organization where scammers and conmen have perfected the art of avoiding Ebay’s Buyers Protection scheme but gives the buyer just enough confidence to give it a try. You’d think they’d learn something from Amazon. CONSUMER BEWARE!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Armour
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I bought an item from ebay.com seller electromix-usa The item was supposed to be delivered to my brother (and picked up by my parents) until May 30; once the item was..."
- "On May 4, 2012, I bid on and won a Canon Powershot SD4000IS (item # 290703644697 ) for $113 from eBay seller Spital911. I had been looking for one of..."
- "George Boulos George9785 Canada http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Apollo-11-Lunar-Team-Snoopy-Astronaut-Sticker-Decal-stamp-NASA-/252079693392 Vintage "Apollo 11 Lunar Team" Snoopy Astronaut Sticker/Decal + stamp NASA george Boulos AKA George9785 is a CROOK!!! I made several requests for a tracking number and instead this..."
- "one hour before boarding flight status was updated. offered a $50 voucher for future airflight. So the going price for sitting in an airport is $7.69/hour, reimbursable only on another flight that..."
- "I met with a seller going by the name CJM. She agreed to buy a Spot Globe that had a glitch which I explained in my listing. She was my..."
- " COX COMMUNICATIONS COMPLAINT LETTER My name is Robert Sneed I am a disabled American due to Epilepsy and often spend days at a time in the hospital or ordered..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."