Update added by user Jun 11, 2013
There are two organizations trying to get eBay to respond. From what I know about the on-line Shyster company, just don't waste you time. They won't respond to anything that will put them in a negative light
Original review posted by user May 11, 2013
On March 5, I purchased an advertised CHEVROLET HHR 4 LAYER WATERPROOF CAR COVER from an Ebay approved seller known as AutoArmourCovers.com; a “Porsche Owner Approved Company” for $42.30! I received a thin tissue paper quality cover which was neither waterproof, dustproof nor protected against UV rays. Within 2 weeks it started ripping at all the stress points. Between Ebay and the seller we exchanged 8 emails. I sent them photos including where my wife was painstakingly trying to sew the holes together. Naturally I got the typical run-around. The seller kept requesting more information while Ebay referred me to their so called Resolution Center. The seller dragged out the communications past 45 days which disqualified me from Ebay’s “Buyers Protection Plan”! The Resolution Center had the patented “We’ll get back to you” response.
Long story short; the seller agreed to let me return the cover IN ORIGINAL CONDITION within 60 days of the sold date. That email came on day 61. On May 7, two weeks after the 45 day Buyer Protection Plan deadline expired, Ebay sent me a “Case Closed” notice. Their explanation…I opened the case AFTER the 45 day expiration. That being the case, why didn’t the super smart personnel at Ebay tell me this when I opened the case instead of wasting my time until it was too late?
If you type “Ebay Complaints” into Google you’ll immediately find out what kind of organization it is. From what I read, they treat their sellers in the same irresponsible way as they do the buyers. If you go to AutoArmourCovers.com you’ll find their ‘support’ consists of a single email address that nobody monitors. Halfway down their homepage you’ll find one line in big letters stating LIFETIME WARRANTY. Right below that is printed 3 YEAR WARRANTY. Your guess!
Ebay is an Internet organization where scammers and conmen have perfected the art of avoiding Ebay’s Buyers Protection scheme but gives the buyer just enough confidence to give it a try. You’d think they’d learn something from Amazon. CONSUMER BEWARE!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Armour
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Won an auction,sseller tells me ebay misprinted shipping fees & wanted me to make up difference.I responded that I would purchase at advertised price,shipping include.Purchased item,seller cancels without my consent,refunds..."
- "Ebay online purchase Claim ID: 427059 PaisaPay ID: 35768261751 Item number: 321329149944 Bought mobile in ebay, mobile had scratches in temp scratch guard and thump impression, which showed mobile was opened already, flip guard and scratch guard..."
- "a buyer purchased a item, collectibles trading cards chase for 52 mantle box also for jordan rookie, 20 packs per box ,also some other packs outside the box..."
- "My husband and myself are currently having a home built by Pulte in the community of Anthem in Florence AZ. The builders are great, but be careful when you get..."
- "I read this forum was a bit concerned, but since each shop is independently operated, I decided that investing $730 is better than the $30K my next car would be. Albert,..."
- "The worst place to buy from "online". I ordered shoes, i did receive it. My second item wasnt sent for 11 days. I contacted cutomer serivce, they put me on..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."