Update added by user Jun 11, 2013
There are two organizations trying to get eBay to respond. From what I know about the on-line Shyster company, just don't waste you time. They won't respond to anything that will put them in a negative light
Original review posted by user May 11, 2013
On March 5, I purchased an advertised CHEVROLET HHR 4 LAYER WATERPROOF CAR COVER from an Ebay approved seller known as AutoArmourCovers.com; a “Porsche Owner Approved Company” for $42.30! I received a thin tissue paper quality cover which was neither waterproof, dustproof nor protected against UV rays. Within 2 weeks it started ripping at all the stress points. Between Ebay and the seller we exchanged 8 emails. I sent them photos including where my wife was painstakingly trying to sew the holes together. Naturally I got the typical run-around. The seller kept requesting more information while Ebay referred me to their so called Resolution Center. The seller dragged out the communications past 45 days which disqualified me from Ebay’s “Buyers Protection Plan”! The Resolution Center had the patented “We’ll get back to you” response.
Long story short; the seller agreed to let me return the cover IN ORIGINAL CONDITION within 60 days of the sold date. That email came on day 61. On May 7, two weeks after the 45 day Buyer Protection Plan deadline expired, Ebay sent me a “Case Closed” notice. Their explanation…I opened the case AFTER the 45 day expiration. That being the case, why didn’t the super smart personnel at Ebay tell me this when I opened the case instead of wasting my time until it was too late?
If you type “Ebay Complaints” into Google you’ll immediately find out what kind of organization it is. From what I read, they treat their sellers in the same irresponsible way as they do the buyers. If you go to AutoArmourCovers.com you’ll find their ‘support’ consists of a single email address that nobody monitors. Halfway down their homepage you’ll find one line in big letters stating LIFETIME WARRANTY. Right below that is printed 3 YEAR WARRANTY. Your guess!
Ebay is an Internet organization where scammers and conmen have perfected the art of avoiding Ebay’s Buyers Protection scheme but gives the buyer just enough confidence to give it a try. You’d think they’d learn something from Amazon. CONSUMER BEWARE!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Auto Armour
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "It seems that every single month that I get my invoice from EBAY it is wrong. Not only that but when they credit me back for "Partial Refunds on..."
- "In February 2016, I sold an iPhone 4s to a buyer. About a month and a half later buyer opened claim stating they never received item. eBay never notified me..."
- "Sells broken items, says they're tested and works in one area of the auction then below that says she "doesn't test for ....functionality" Sends known broken items, then forces..."
- "I have ordered numerous products from SOE and they are great, the belts fray a little over time but they're still tough. I've used some of their stuff in a..."
- " Frank's Auto Credit is a Family Owned and Operated, Independent Buy-Here Pay-Here Dealer that was established in 1995 by Frank M. Lynch. For nearly 20 Years Frank's Auto Credit..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "I bought some pickles at frys on Campbell & Irvington in Tucson az. My mother and I love pickles my mother is 101 yrs old, I am 72 yrs old,..."
- "For the past 2 weeks my Walgreens nearby has had Arizona ice tea jugs on sale. Out of the last four Arnold Palmers I have gotten there has been brown..."
- "Um do you check your rice before you import for cheap??? Do you have QC checking this stuff? I just bought a box on Saturday of hamburger helper crunchy..."