I've been selling on eBay for over 10 years with 1000+ 100% positive feedback received from buyers.

Recently I sold a $330 bracelet. When the buyer received the bracelet it wasn't exactly what he wanted. I asked him to return the bracelet and I would refund his money. Here's what happened:

1. I never received the return

2. The buyer claimed he sent the item and confirmed delivery with USPS

3. The buyer couldn't provide me with a tracking number and hasn't responded to my multiple queries whether he insured the item (I'm sure he didn't).

4. eBay refunded the buyer's money without even contacting me.

Result: I do not have the bracelet nor the $330 purchase price.

I understand both buyers and sellers need protection in a marketplace such as eBay. As a person who sells items as a hobby I cannot afford to sell on eBay. A loss of $330 by itself may not be substantial but continuing to sell seems like a risky proposition.

I'm submitting this complaint as an educational tool for potential and seasoned sellers. eBay will side with the buyer. A customer service representative told me as much (during one of my many time wasting conversations). I wish the best for people who continue to do business on eBay, however I will not be one of them.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "seller loss" of bracelet and associated monetary loss in the amount of $330. Ebay needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned bracelet in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ebay.

Had an Experience with Ebay?

Comments