Verified Buyer

3.9

I purchased a sound bar but unfortunately the item was damaged in transit and non-functional. The seller agreed to a refund upon receipt of damaged merchandise.

The postal service could not ship the item back to the seller with the "priority" return label generated by E-Bay because of it's size. Seller claimed he could not re-issue a "retail ground" label because once E-bay's automated system creates a label it locks him out. I requested E-bay to step in to print the correct shipping label but I had to wait about 5 days for E-bay to investigate. The only way to contact E-bay was to file an appeal via email.

E-bay ultimately refunded 100% of my money in a relatively timely manner but the problem is not being able to speak with someone live for detailed instructions. I had to scour the internet for recourse.

User's recommendation: Inspect and take photographs of the package prior to opening. Save all packing materials until you determine to item is functional because you may have to return it. Save all correspondence until the transaction has been closed out.

Comments