Ebay sucks no buyer protection

703 of 997 Ebay reviews

whiteivy13 - sold me a cookie jarrr.It arrived SMASHED into several pcs I sent photos of it still in her shipping box.

I complained to ebay also emailed them Photos of the jar - the seller is a whack job (as is 85 percent of ALL Ebay sellers) she refuses refund until i at my cost - ship back the smashed jar. She's a ***. EBAY has not offered Buyers Protection.

What do I do? I have complained to district att office.

This sucks how can they be on her side?

she *** me over.Don't trust ebay at all.!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
703 of 997 Ebay reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 17, 2015 #996316

Not when an item is snad. The seller is always responsible for return shipping if an item doesn't match advertising, which includes shipping damage. It's contract law & the uniform commercial code.

George

Apr 11, 2014 #804312 Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

My name is George and I sell on eBay under George9785. This opening post has been created by the fraudster and forger/forgery dealer Karl Janesky a nasty jew of Guildford, Connecticut. He sells on eBay under the username "vintage761". He sold me forged autogographs, wouldn't honor his written guarantees once they were determined to be forgeries and demanded the return of the fakes but I knew he would sell them to his other victims So I filed a charge back then the jew lost the credit card chargeback claim
He's a known forger, a dishonest jew selling fakes in his dishonest jewish way that he learned in jew school

0 2 Reply
woodenclouds

Aug 06, 2013 #694935 Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I am so glad to have found this website! I was defrauded big time... purchased an audio speaker for $220 + $50 for the shipping fee only to receive a pre-owned item (the listing stated the speaker was New and later on in the message exchange between me and the seller, the seller "accidentally" mentioned about the fact that she used the speaker often! incredible).

I filed my complained to this unreasonable, unethical and unprofessional ebay and requested them to review my case as it was clearly a fraud! All I got was a reply saying ebay sides the seller. I was like #!^@%!^!@@!*!#

I would never buy anything from ebay anymore. I used to be a satisfied and repeat customer... who could imagine my loyalty to ebay would have been paid off in this way! just stay away from ebay really...

Jupiter2

Apr 23, 2013 #641258

eBay is full of very nasty sellers nowadays. Recently eBay is giving to the sellers even more 'power' which of course they greatly abuse by being bad and unfair with buyers. eBay sides with the sellers no matter what they do or the lies they state. Something similar happened to me. I`ve purchased two antique wooden boxes which arrived smashed in pieces, this for the lack of care of the seller, she sent them in a plastic bag ! :x without bubble wrap or anything. I had to open a case in paypal and wait 8 weeks only for a partial refund. Did you know that now if a buyer opens more than 4 paypal cases in a year, you loose your paypal protection ? Incredible right ? so what about people buying hundred of items a year ? I buy approx. 150 items a year on eBay so if anything goes wrong with any of my purchases, no protection ! :eek , folks there are many excellent and far superior websites out there. Let`s all start to buy somewhere else ! ,)

Jupiter2

Apr 23, 2013 #641257

eBay is full of very nasty sellers nowadays. Recently eBay is giving to sellers even more 'power' which of course they greatly abuse by being bad and unfair with buyers. eBay sides with the sellers no matter what they do or the lies they state. Something similar happened to me. I`ve purchased two antique wooden boxes which arrived smashed in pieces, this for the lack of care of the seller, she sent them in a plastic bag ! :x without bubble wrap or anything. I had to open a case in paypal and wait 8 weeks only for a partial refund. Did you know that now if a buyer opens more than 4 paypal cases in a year, you loose your paypal protection ? Incredible right ? so what about people buying hundred of items a year ? I buy approx. 150 items a year on eBay so if anything goes wrong with any of my purchases, no protection ! :eek , folks there are many excellent and far superior websites out there. Let`s all start to buy somewhere else ! ,)

0 1 Reply
@ebay__sucks

Mar 05, 2013 #618717 Phoenix, Arizona, United States

You need to get our while you can .. i have been with Ebay for 11 years , had to open this account to protect the other. Had one double listing last month and one double listing this money. MY ACCOUNT WAS RESTRICTED, no editing or adding, buf of course could sell and answer question. EBID.com is much better .. join our fight on twitter @ebay__sucks.

Isobel

Jan 21, 2013 #596434 Newport News, Virginia, United States

I tried for weeks...by phone, by email, by another phone #. I must say ebay tried to help, the company Radko Gallery.com never answered any of my inquiries! How unprofessional. I left detailed messages on phone # provided with order and phone # provided by ebay. I wrote emails to the Radko Gallery.com and ebay re: a damaged Christmas ornament that cost me $87.99 with shipping. I got no response whatsoever. DO NOT BUY FROM RADKO.GALLERY.COM. They don't care about the customer; they will not respond to any negative comments! I have been a member of ebay for years; today, I cancelled my membership because of this unacceptable, unprofessional company who continues to write its own reviews!

ebay buyer, Lees Summit MO USA

Jul 08, 2012 #509180

I purchased an item from a seller in China. The item I rec'd. was nothing like the item I ordered. I paid $41.00 USD for the item. I contacted the seller and they said return for a refund. Ebay requires delivery confirmation method of shipping. It cost me $44.57 to return the item. I returned the item and did not hear from the seller. I had proof of delivery. I contacted ebay, ebay said they contacted the seller. The sellers response was that I shipped an empty box to them so they would not refund. I told ebay that was incorrect. Ebay then said I was trying to defraud a seller and they cancelled my ebay account. I had been a buyer on ebay for 13 years and had a 780 feedback score. I hand never filed a claim and had no issues in my years of buying on ebay. ebay cancelled my account. I contacted ebay to ask why my account was cancelled and the reply was, we do not discuss cases only make decisions. Once a decision has been made you have no recourse. I was unset by that treatment, now I'm glad, I hope they keep doing this stuff until they have no buyers, they deserve everything they get.

ebay buyer

Jul 01, 2012 #505152

I bought an item not as described from ebay. It was listed as new but then it turned to be used. So I asked for a partial refund, but the seller refused. The seller became so aggressive that he even filed a 'fb extortion' against me - all I did was telling him that I was about to give negative fb.

Then ebay insisted that I send the item back for a refund - but the postage for sending back cost me more than the original item plus P&P. Why would I dare to do that because the package can go missing. It would cost me even more if I use tracking service.

Then the seller replied to my negative feedback with false facts and I told ebay about this and they said the only thing they could do is to remove the whole feedback - again it left me with no choice, but to delete the whole thing.

I have now paid to for learning how to use ebay. It does make me more reluctant to use it - most sellers I met are super friendly people and that they are very willing to help. Unfortunately it's not the case all the time.

Jack4

May 22, 2012 #484010

Of course, seller should be held responsible for the smashed jar. Likely they didn't pack it right, didn't use enough bubbles or peanuts or whatever it is they had to use to keep it safe in transit. Which is why the thing broke to pieces.
Consequently, if this is the seller's fault, they should shoulder the return shipping. Item not as described, for goodness sake!
eBay sucks which is commonly known virtue but being ignored until it hits you.
Good luck.

spacklesparkle

Jan 13, 2012 #409009

I too received an item not as described. I opened a case and was threatened by the seller that I would have to send the item back at my own expense at which point they would prove to Ebay that I was lying and not refund my money. Seemed like a straight case of abuse that should have been decided in my favor but it was decided in the seller's. I have been a buyer and a seller on Ebay for 11 years and have 100% fb. Made plenty of money when I needed and wanted to. Don't know what the deal is with all these complaining sellers. I think it is a lot of folks who do not know how to run a business or provide good customer service. Your next best step is to report Ebay to the Better Business Bureau. Ebay Buyer Protection means nothing. They can't know if we don't speak up.

pissedseller

Jun 10, 2011 #296797

The smashed jar most likely wasn't the seller's fault. Why should an individual pay return shipping? That's not just standard EBAY policy, you'll find that everywhere - buyer pays return shipping. You're probably dealing with someone making scant pennies off their transactions yet your inflated sense of entitlement excuses you trashing their name on your two bit blog. Pathetic.

If I had five cents for every asinine buyer screwing me over on BUYERBAY (no seller protections whatsoever against scams and false claims), I'd actually have MADE money off that POS website.

1 1 Reply

Jun 17, 2015 #996318 East Orange, New Jersey, United States

1 1 Reply
Me

May 05, 2011 #282803

I purchased an item from a seller that had a +99% reputation, but the product was not exactly as advertised and also non-functional.

I sent the item back and opened a case with eBay.

Then the abusive emails from the seller began.

I escalated the case with eBay, hoping to get my money back, because the eBay Buyer Protection was clearly posted on the sellers webpage.

However, eBay sided with the seller, saying I had not paid prior to opening a case.

When I called eBay and told them that was absolutely false, they said there was nothing they could (or would) do and the case was closed.

Apparently, I will have to sue the seller to get my money back, as I do not want the item or anything else to do with the seller because of his abusive emails.

The moral of the story: eBay does not protect anyone but eBay!

Jun 17, 2015 #996324 East Orange, New Jersey, United States

I have had my bank reverse their decisions on chargeback 3 times, and i won every case. Always use your creditcard so you have an impartial backup review process.

akaclaudia

Apr 29, 2011 #280729

Not all ebay sellers are scammers. I had a buyer who scammed her way out of paying for a book that she swears she did not receive. I personally packaged and mailed it to her and since it had my return address on it and was not returned, I know that she received it. This was all over a 50 cent difference in price she wanted to cancel the order and I had already mailed it out. Paypal gave her money back, but they ended up paying me back too. Sometimes it is just the principle of it.

ebay seller

Apr 27, 2011 #279737

You must pay to return the item then ebay will follow thru with the proection policy from what I read you didnt ship the item back, there for you didnt follow the directions to get a refund. I sold on ebay for 5 yrs and never have i not got my total refund after shipping the item back. Yes you must pay out of your pocket to return the item but you will recieve your shipping back from the seller that you paid to them to ship.(in most cases you can return the item alot cheaper than some sellers charge! ebay will take this money from them your total purchase plus what you paid in shipping!

ebayer

Apr 27, 2011 #279606

That is how ebay works. Buyers protection only works if the person was not planning on refunding you. Did you file a complaint?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.