Ebay shows different shipping information on cell phone and computer webpages
I sold an item on ebay and within 18 hours shipped the item to an address in Australia as specified by ebay on my cell phone. I spent the amount specified by ebay on my cell phone: $50.31. Ebay only forwarded $14 to me because on the cell phone they did not disclose a program they use called the Global Shipping Program. They did refund $17 final value fee but did not re-imburse me for shipping.
How did it differ from what you expected?
I expected ebay would give me $50.31 to ship to Australia as specified on the webpage as shown on my cell phone (That was my experience when I shipped internationally 2 years ago).
Instead, ebay had two webpages- one on my cell phone showing $50.31 collected for shipping to Australia with NO disclosure of Global Shipping Program, and another showing $14 shipping to Kentucky. (in fact, there are two computer pages: one showing the same $50.31 shipping as on the cell phone and a second showing 14.25 shipping. Talk about confusing. Images attached.)
ebay posted two webpages for this sale, actually THREE different webpages: one on my cell phone specifying $50 shipping to Australia with NO disclosure of Global Shipping Program, and a second showing Australia address and $50 shipping, and a 3d computer display specifying $14 for shipping to Kentucky. I have screen shots of all 3 from September 26th, and as of this moment the same shipping $50.31 charge still shows on my cell phone ebay webpage portrayal with the Australia address. In other words, if I shipped today based on my cell phone, I would still ship for $50 to Australia, and ebay would still only give me $14 for shipping. (Disclosure, ebay has refunded the $17 final value fee, but the point is the fraud continues and I am still out $23 the difference between $50 and 14, and another $27 I paid extra to send the box- my own decision, but resulting from eBay's erroneous, fraudulent web page. Even if not fraudulent then this is a business practice of non-disclosure and confusion that significantly decreases good will and faith in American corporations. Check complaint webpages and you will see international citizens also dissatisfied with GSP.)
I used my cell phone's ebay page for shipping information and immediately shipped to Australia for a total of $72 ($50.31 which ebay specified + $22 I decided on to meet the total charge due to an irregular box.)
Once home, I went to enter the shipping information and saw the specified shipping charge and address were changed. Confused, I rushed to the post office (twice) and changed the address, but USPS does not give refunds. I contacted the buyer who said she had not changed the address. eBay's business practices are responsible for this excess spent on shipping, and though I have complained by email, webpage, and phone calls, they have not changed the cell phone display; therefore other people who do not know about GSP are also becoming entangled in this fraud. In my opinion USPS should investigate before more people are hurt by ebay's fraudulent practice of displaying 2 different shipping pages. I filed a USPS international fraud complaint.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Ebay The Global Shipping Program
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Bridgestone bicycles stolen on eBay and the staff said report the stolen bike i contact Philadelphia police they not doing anything..."
- "REMOVED AN ITEM I WAS SELLING WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE AND I HAD OVER 60 LOOKERS WITH A POSSIBLE SALE OF 6 PEOPLE WHO WERE INTERESTED. CALLED AND ASKED WHY.....THEY SAID..."
- "I bought an item on E-bay and as usual I paid for the item immediately. The next day I went into e-bay to check on the progress on the purchase..."
- "I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan. I told him..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "As I stated in my previous review about being charged 3 times vs once, this was such a horrible time for it to happen. The funds were out my account..."
- "I ordered a bed through target.com and this is how it was delivered please see the pictures ..this is unacceptable and there customer service email is down as well...."
- "This sign says 5$ for large pizza and I ask for a sausage pizza and was told only the pepperoni and cheese is 5$. The manager was very sarcastic in..."