Ebay shows different shipping information on cell phone and computer webpages
I sold an item on ebay and within 18 hours shipped the item to an address in Australia as specified by ebay on my cell phone. I spent the amount specified by ebay on my cell phone: $50.31. Ebay only forwarded $14 to me because on the cell phone they did not disclose a program they use called the Global Shipping Program. They did refund $17 final value fee but did not re-imburse me for shipping.
How did it differ from what you expected?
I expected ebay would give me $50.31 to ship to Australia as specified on the webpage as shown on my cell phone (That was my experience when I shipped internationally 2 years ago).
Instead, ebay had two webpages- one on my cell phone showing $50.31 collected for shipping to Australia with NO disclosure of Global Shipping Program, and another showing $14 shipping to Kentucky. (in fact, there are two computer pages: one showing the same $50.31 shipping as on the cell phone and a second showing 14.25 shipping. Talk about confusing. Images attached.)
ebay posted two webpages for this sale, actually THREE different webpages: one on my cell phone specifying $50 shipping to Australia with NO disclosure of Global Shipping Program, and a second showing Australia address and $50 shipping, and a 3d computer display specifying $14 for shipping to Kentucky. I have screen shots of all 3 from September 26th, and as of this moment the same shipping $50.31 charge still shows on my cell phone ebay webpage portrayal with the Australia address. In other words, if I shipped today based on my cell phone, I would still ship for $50 to Australia, and ebay would still only give me $14 for shipping. (Disclosure, ebay has refunded the $17 final value fee, but the point is the fraud continues and I am still out $23 the difference between $50 and 14, and another $27 I paid extra to send the box- my own decision, but resulting from eBay's erroneous, fraudulent web page. Even if not fraudulent then this is a business practice of non-disclosure and confusion that significantly decreases good will and faith in American corporations. Check complaint webpages and you will see international citizens also dissatisfied with GSP.)
I used my cell phone's ebay page for shipping information and immediately shipped to Australia for a total of $72 ($50.31 which ebay specified + $22 I decided on to meet the total charge due to an irregular box.)
Once home, I went to enter the shipping information and saw the specified shipping charge and address were changed. Confused, I rushed to the post office (twice) and changed the address, but USPS does not give refunds. I contacted the buyer who said she had not changed the address. eBay's business practices are responsible for this excess spent on shipping, and though I have complained by email, webpage, and phone calls, they have not changed the cell phone display; therefore other people who do not know about GSP are also becoming entangled in this fraud. In my opinion USPS should investigate before more people are hurt by ebay's fraudulent practice of displaying 2 different shipping pages. I filed a USPS international fraud complaint.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Ebay The Global Shipping Program
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "On March 5, I purchased an advertised CHEVROLET HHR 4 LAYER WATERPROOF CAR COVER from an Ebay approved seller known as AutoArmourCovers.com; a “Porsche Owner Approved Company” for $42.30! I..."
- "I kid you not. I have complained before about ebay's ineptitude, lack of customer service training, disregard for safety of the consumer's money and rights, and what I would..."
- "The original Winco Space Medals are made from test materials. There are three Chinese Manufacturers producing these exact same medals but using a cheaper metal. This seller must have discovered..."
- "Did not work..i had burn on the location i used it..its works nothing like the commercial...very dangerous..see pic this is only some of the burn marks..."
- "Urine not cleaned from under toilet from previous occupant . DANGEROUSLY dirty room HVAC system filters and systems. *** smear on the BOTTOM SHEET of a supposedly freshly made bed. Room air filters..."
- "I am a very upset customer I brought this ring in Feb 2016 for my wedding June 2016 and I didn't wear it till my wedding day. I loved..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."