Ebay sending emails dated 1969
I kid you not. I have complained before about ebay's ineptitude, lack of customer service training, disregard for safety of the consumer's money and rights, and what I would call a "blunder-some" business model.
Well this may top all of that, at least where humor is concerned. For some time I have noticed that when an ebay offer is declined or it expires, I always get an unread e-mail in my inbox that I can't find. Normally, since new, unread email is at the top, I expect any unread mail to be on top of the list, which is ordered by date, the newest email received being first.
I finally figured out that the unread email from ebay I can't find is going to the bottom of my inbox due to it's date: December of 1969.
It doesn't seem to matter when the offer is made or when it expires or is declined. The email from ebay's system is always dated December 31st, 1969.
It's one glitch that perhaps is not making the consumer too unhappy for a change, so perhaps people are not talking about it. I'm sure someone out there must have also noticed this.
I thought that this site could do with one ebay complaint that may just make you smile, or perhaps even face-palm!
I keep getting Ryan's Adam's "Summer of 69" song stuck in my head every time an ebay offer I make is declined or expired. And now I'm sure you will to.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ebay Make Offer
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "eBay buyers beware of this eBay seller this the business name Member ID performanceraceparts ( 227558Red dont buy from them they are crooks scammers will take your money and will not..."
- "zekeandzoe0 selling fakes with FAKE PSA Certification. I tried to resell and item by this turkey and it turned out to be 100% phoney and the COA from..."
- "I was betting for an item on eBay. When I won this item, I realized that if had wrong description from a seller. I tried contacting him asking if I..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "I rarely take my time to write online reviews. But this one was too much to keep it to myself. For my daughter's birthday, I ordered the highest level "Exquisite"..."
- "I purchased a pair of knee-high black boots with a 2 inch heel in 2014. I've worn the shoes maybe 4 times. As I was shopping with my husband and..."
- "Disappointed and frustrated with this hospital. I was referred to this animal hospital by another Vetenarian Dr for cat Dental procedure. When I arrived at the hospital there were three..."