I am a teacher and I have been working on a 6-month project to bring a new class to our local public school. I had purchased from this seller tlj_emporium (aka: Tammy Jensen) before and had no issues with the 18 Refractory Bricks they sent me. I wasn't worried about purchasing more because they discounted me and the bricks came with no damage. Also, they told me that if there were damaged bricks and it was because of them packaging improperly, that they would send replacements. Well I ordered double the last order and almost all the bricks (23 out of 36) were broken and/or unusable. I went ahead (to be nice) and sent them money to cover reshipping of the replacement bricks. Well now they refuse to do anything unless I pay to send them back and pay them to reship me the replacements. And they tried to trick me out of the money I had sent them to pay for shipping the new bricks.
They specifically said:
We will replace the bricks in the event they were damaged due to our packing
The first box they sent had each brick separately protected with cardboard reinforcements so they were not touching each other and so they would hold up to bring shipped across country. The next two boxes sent had these VERY fragile bricks stacked on top of each other and with no protection between each other. They would have broken if they were set down on a table without the person treating them as if they were a box full of lightbulbs.
I am now responsible for paying back the school all of the money used to fund the project ($3500 to be exact) from the PTA. And I will lose my job.
They knew my situation and said they will not do anything unless I send them the broken bricks and then pay for the shipping of the replacement bricks back to me. And to get them to even agree to that was hours and hours of back and forth. They knew my time frame and that I only had so much time to compete this and they agreed to send me replacements on their dime if it was their fault. They not only didn't protect the boxes but used a different service because they said it was "cheaper" and failed to tell me that there was only a $10 difference. This order was $200+ and all I got was two boxes of broken bricks. I honestly think they sent these bricks already broken to me so they could rip me off. They are one of those Sellers that won't accept anything less than a penny of what they asked if they were selling a $250,000 car. And they will fight you for every last penny. It took me 4 hours to get them to refund me the extra money I sent them for the replacements that I thought they were going to send because they gave me their word. And I sent them that money to try and help them out because I knew that these broken bricks would cause them loss to replace. After they refused to keep their word, it seemed more and more like they sent these bricks to me like this so they could get rid of them and leave me screwed. They were responsible for the shipping back of the replacements and the replacements (like they said).
I made a whole album on Picasa with detailed pictures of all the busted bricks and they still didn't care.
Their PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Refractory Alumina Bricks
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Ebay online purchase Claim ID: 427059 PaisaPay ID: 35768261751 Item number: 321329149944 Bought mobile in ebay, mobile had scratches in temp scratch guard and thump impression, which showed mobile was opened already, flip guard and scratch guard..."
- "EBAY FAKE ITEM,# 301181007011 BUZZ ALDRIN autograph,obvious fake comes with a Steven Zarelli COA. A Quick opinion from an online service has given this item a likey Not..."
- "Page 1 of3 People of Ebay TAKE NOTICE the following people have commited Mail Fraud Steve Schiffman and EBAY, that's right, EBAY! 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA IL 61350 United States (815) 434-4083 vintagebasebatlptusschiffman 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA..."
- "Buyer beware!! Read the return policy closely!! We ordered a football helmet for our grandson for Christmas in November. Measured his head, per their instructions, and ordered..."
- "This company is a fraud. They say I owe Paypal $930.00 and I almost never use Paypal. I called Paypal customer service AND the Paypal collections department and..."
- "I paid $4,200 for a website and never received it. I requested a refund after 6 months and no one responded to my email. After several attempts to email them..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."