I am a teacher and I have been working on a 6-month project to bring a new class to our local public school. I had purchased from this seller tlj_emporium (aka: Tammy Jensen) before and had no issues with the 18 Refractory Bricks they sent me. I wasn't worried about purchasing more because they discounted me and the bricks came with no damage. Also, they told me that if there were damaged bricks and it was because of them packaging improperly, that they would send replacements. Well I ordered double the last order and almost all the bricks (23 out of 36) were broken and/or unusable. I went ahead (to be nice) and sent them money to cover reshipping of the replacement bricks. Well now they refuse to do anything unless I pay to send them back and pay them to reship me the replacements. And they tried to trick me out of the money I had sent them to pay for shipping the new bricks.
They specifically said:
We will replace the bricks in the event they were damaged due to our packing
The first box they sent had each brick separately protected with cardboard reinforcements so they were not touching each other and so they would hold up to bring shipped across country. The next two boxes sent had these VERY fragile bricks stacked on top of each other and with no protection between each other. They would have broken if they were set down on a table without the person treating them as if they were a box full of lightbulbs.
I am now responsible for paying back the school all of the money used to fund the project ($3500 to be exact) from the PTA. And I will lose my job.
They knew my situation and said they will not do anything unless I send them the broken bricks and then pay for the shipping of the replacement bricks back to me. And to get them to even agree to that was hours and hours of back and forth. They knew my time frame and that I only had so much time to compete this and they agreed to send me replacements on their dime if it was their fault. They not only didn't protect the boxes but used a different service because they said it was "cheaper" and failed to tell me that there was only a $10 difference. This order was $200+ and all I got was two boxes of broken bricks. I honestly think they sent these bricks already broken to me so they could rip me off. They are one of those Sellers that won't accept anything less than a penny of what they asked if they were selling a $250,000 car. And they will fight you for every last penny. It took me 4 hours to get them to refund me the extra money I sent them for the replacements that I thought they were going to send because they gave me their word. And I sent them that money to try and help them out because I knew that these broken bricks would cause them loss to replace. After they refused to keep their word, it seemed more and more like they sent these bricks to me like this so they could get rid of them and leave me screwed. They were responsible for the shipping back of the replacements and the replacements (like they said).
I made a whole album on Picasa with detailed pictures of all the busted bricks and they still didn't care.
Their PayPal: email@example.com
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Refractory Alumina Bricks
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "The original Winco Space Medals are made from test materials. There are three Chinese Manufacturers producing these exact same medals but using a cheaper metal. This seller must have discovered..."
- "Page 1 of3 People of Ebay TAKE NOTICE the following people have commited Mail Fraud Steve Schiffman and EBAY, that's right, EBAY! 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA IL 61350 United States (815) 434-4083 vintagebasebatlptusschiffman 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA..."
- "Sells broken items, says they're tested and works in one area of the auction then below that says she "doesn't test for ....functionality" Sends known broken items, then forces..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "We come to Furr's in Albuquerque on San Mateo. The food and service was bad tonight. We did not get any refills and the food was old. We only had..."
- "I started using wen and notice my hair was falling out i have a bald spot on the top of my head..."
- "Bought two shirts in December and received one today being March 2nd. It looks nothing like the picture the "lace" is coming apart. The quality is horrible. My advice stay..."