We bought a Meissen porcelain figurine on eBay on a buy-it-now option.The figurine was listed as excellent condition and we also asked the seller before the purchase whether it was REALLY excellent condition.
He replied with a resounding YES. When we got the figurine it had a restoration to the base and a piece was missing. We bought the item via paypal so believed to have buyer protection. We launched a claim, but to our disbelief eBay decided in favor of the seller.
We thought, maybe because of the Christmas stress they had made a rash decision, so appealed. To our total shock and horror and despite giving in-detail proof - they turned down the appeal and decided against us. This morning I called them. They were not willing to help me one bit.
Decided is decided they said. They would not give me any reason why they decided against me. Because of this we've lost USD 3,150.
Conclusion: I would strongly advise against buying high-end luxury and expensive items on eBay, even if you pay with paypal and think you are protected.
YOU ARE NOT! Because if something goes wrong, eBay still looks after their own interest first – and this is making money. They are not too much concerned whether you are buying from or selling to crooks.
What they are concerned about is the money they make in between.It is in a nutshell a corrupt company that does not care about its customers.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Meissen Figurine
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Won an auction,sseller tells me ebay misprinted shipping fees & wanted me to make up difference.I responded that I would purchase at advertised price,shipping include.Purchased item,seller cancels without my consent,refunds..."
- "I first found out about Spiritspeaker88 on eBay and have bought several readings from him. He was recommended by a friend who said he's good. I bought readings and healings..."
- "I have been selling on Ebay for about a year and though I don't have a huge business I had at least 60 sales and had all positive feedbacks except..."
- "I am a Hong Kong seller. I sold an item to a UK buyer on 1 Apr 2013. The item no. is 171003786000. There is a minor damage in..."
- "Dear Kazuo Hirai, I write to lodge a complaint against the defect of DSC-HX30V and express my great disappointment to the quality control of Sony and design of this model. The..."
- "We experienced mechanical problem from the outset as the clutch was clunky as we drove it away. Clutch subsequently failed and the awful thing was I had my 83 year..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."
- "Total lack of communication by Builder with each other and home owner. They will tell you what you want to hear and then stall or not do it. 9 months..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."