We bought a Meissen porcelain figurine on eBay on a buy-it-now option.The figurine was listed as excellent condition and we also asked the seller before the purchase whether it was REALLY excellent condition.
He replied with a resounding YES. When we got the figurine it had a restoration to the base and a piece was missing. We bought the item via paypal so believed to have buyer protection. We launched a claim, but to our disbelief eBay decided in favor of the seller.
We thought, maybe because of the Christmas stress they had made a rash decision, so appealed. To our total shock and horror and despite giving in-detail proof - they turned down the appeal and decided against us. This morning I called them. They were not willing to help me one bit.
Decided is decided they said. They would not give me any reason why they decided against me. Because of this we've lost USD 3,150.
Conclusion: I would strongly advise against buying high-end luxury and expensive items on eBay, even if you pay with paypal and think you are protected.
YOU ARE NOT! Because if something goes wrong, eBay still looks after their own interest first – and this is making money. They are not too much concerned whether you are buying from or selling to crooks.
What they are concerned about is the money they make in between.It is in a nutshell a corrupt company that does not care about its customers.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Meissen Figurine
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Page 1 of3 People of Ebay TAKE NOTICE the following people have commited Mail Fraud Steve Schiffman and EBAY, that's right, EBAY! 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA IL 61350 United States (815) 434-4083 vintagebasebatlptusschiffman 2705 CHAMPLAIN ST APTK OTTAWA..."
- "This guy GEORGE9785 an ebay seller that has zero patience and a bad temper began spamming me with email that contains threats and foul language because I did not leave..."
- "I placed a bid & subsequently won and paid for an item, Microsoft Office 2007. The seller stated in their description that returns accepted for the period of 14..."
- "Please do not buy from Home and Stone, their website is www.HomeandStone.com This seller sold me an item they didn't have in stock and did not contact me at all..."
- "I contacted their customer service department in relation to a faulty pair of leggings I bought. I absolutely love the leggings but I am very unhappy with the quality as they..."
- "Hello, I'm frequent flyer of Malaysian Airline and generally, my experiences are good however, on Wed. 8th Jun, 2016, I took MH 720 (seat 9C) from Jakarta to KUL and it..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."