I have been selling on Ebay for about a year and though I don't have a huge business I had at least 60 sales and had all positive feedbacks except for one that was fixed and changed later on. I only sell handmade jewelry that is inspired by movies and tv shows, that's it. My pieces cost no more than 20$ usually. Two days ago I got a message in my Ebay account saying my account had been restricted and closed. Here is what they said exactly:
"To help keep our website a safer place for buyers and sellers, your account will be restricted from selling indefinitely. Our decision is based on evidence from our records. We're not comfortable with your selling practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment. Even though you can't sell on our website, you can still use your account to buy or bid on items.Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended."
I was so confused by this since I don't sell anything high risk or inappropriate and I have had my paypal for over 6 years and always sent items on time and sent tracking numbers right after sending. So I decided to call the customer service. First off, I had to wait forever to finally reach someone but when I did I asked the lady why my account had been closed. She replied as if she was reading a script saying "first off mam, just know you have done nothing wrong and it has nothing to do with you, this is just done from time to time to keep ebay safe?" What in the world does that mean? If I didn't do anything wrong, then why is it closed, she then put me on hold to review my account. I was still hopeful at this point that this may be fixed somehow. After about ten minutes, she returned to let me know that unfortunately there was nothing she could do and it was Ebay's final decision and if they found out that after this I was to make a new account they have "ways" of finding out and it will be deleted immediately. That's bull because I have had a few accounts, one just for buying, and one for selling and never had a problem.
My main issue is she repeated to me over and over after I repeatedly asked her why it was restricted that the information as to why was something she was not allowed to disclose to me. So basically I will never know what happened or what I did wrong, only Ebay is allowed to know. I asked her if it was some kind of secret CIA intelligence because if it is my account and I can prove I am the owner why in the world am I not allowed to know why it was closed. I exclaimed to her that this was going to affect my business because now I would have to make new business cards, change my information on my email mailings, and on my various sites that promote this ebay page. I love how Ebay can make money off things we sell yet they refuse to tell a person that they made money off of why they can't sell anymore.
I finally asked if there was someone higher I could speak to about this since it seems so ridiculous, and she put me on hold once again. After approx. 10 minutes she said her supervisor was busy with other customers but would call me in 2 hours. 2 hours later and guess what no call! I can't believe Ebay hasn't already been sued for these kinds of poor practices. I understand closing an account but at least tell the person why so they know and don't wonder everyday what they did wrong.
If I ever hear back from them I will update this complaint, but at this point I am never going near Ebay again, including buying from them. I don't want to give a company any money when they couldn't even be honest with me as a 99% positive ratings seller. The lady even said I could try selling on other websites, which I already do. I am just so upset right now, because she told me it had nothing to do with me, but the reason couldn't be disclosed, which makes me think I had to have done something wrong! Very upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Handmade Jewelry
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "This very inexperienced seller claims I tried to pull a fast one on him. I ordered 10 Mission pulls with backplates last year. I just noticed he had the..."
- "On March 5, I purchased an advertised CHEVROLET HHR 4 LAYER WATERPROOF CAR COVER from an Ebay approved seller known as AutoArmourCovers.com; a “Porsche Owner Approved Company” for $42.30! I..."
- "The ebay policy is 14 days money back, well after almost 50 days and a positive feedback, a buyer decided that the idem was: "not as described" the ebay catch..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."