I bought an item on E-bay and as usual I paid for the item immediately. The next day I went into e-bay to check on the progress on the purchase of the item. E-bay had removed all details of the seller off the system. I presume because of some irregularity on the part of the seller.
The item did not arrive and the money did go off my bank account so I asked e-bay for the sellers e-mail address in order to contact the seller. They always ask "have you contacted the seller" before asking e-bay to intervene. They refused to provide me with the requested info. I then opened a dispute with e-bay against the seller. All pretty standard stuff.
E-bay then wanted to know whether I had contacted the seller. Obviously I could not do so with no contact details available to me. They then closed the dispute giving the reason "you did not respond in time" This after I had written them numerous e-mails explaining all the facts about the case and that I could not contact the seller because of there not allowing me to. All this info is on e-bay so there can be no doubt that I am stating only facts.
I then challenged the closing of the dispute +/- 2 months ago. All I get is automated responses saying that they "will get back to me in 24 - 72 hours". 2 months later I am still waiting for any response. Out of desperation I even tried e-bay.co.uk. They referred me back to same laborious process that I had already tried with nothing but promises to get back to me as a result.
On the rare occasions when I have had to claim back money from E-bay/PayPall things went very smoothly and without a hitch. This item cost a bit more that most of my previous purchases and so that may be the reason for their reluctance to honor their money back guarantee. What has really cheesed me off is the fact that one cant speak to or e-mail a person. It is all a high-tech mix of self help topics and automated responses.
And no their offer of on-line communication with an e-bay staff member does not work. There is always a technical problem. If anyone has any advise I would like to hear it. If not then I need to vent my frustration about a site that is on an enormous campaign trying to persuade people that they have an E-BAY BUYER PROTECTION when buying on e-bay. I need protection and have not got it. I will be back to give you an update if the matter is not resolved soon. Mark
Item # 250670231985
Case # 5003423740
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Canon Eos Rebel T1I 500D Slr
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "whiteivy13 - sold me a cookie jarrr. It arrived SMASHED into several pcs I sent photos of it still in her shipping box. I complained to ebay also emailed them..."
- "I send for a dress I received it on Oct 30, and the dress was poorly constructed, and broken. I took pictures and send info pzf2011 (117,518RedShooting Star) did..."
- "Bought a ring from England. Diamond and ruby gold ring. Got the ring it broke in 2 days and turned my finger green. Seller said I was lying about the..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "I've been insured twice with Aetna International while working abroad. While the website has evolved somewhat over time, the claims process remains absolutely abysmal. On the positive side, the coverage was..."
- "After about one year, my RayBan sunglasses are starting to perish quite badly on the earpieces. What really poor quality indeed. This makes me wonder is just purchasing a less..."
- "Purchased home in 2015 - Lawn was extremely bad. After repeated promises to fix it - 18 months later it was a partial repair and they would not pay the..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."