eBay Phone Numbers and Emails

Customer Service
eBay Main Street
Jobs/ Career
Legal
Employee Privacy Inquiries, Notice of Claimed Infringement, Privacy Inquiries, Security Law Inforcement
Report Fraud
Copyright Infringement Inquiries
press@ebay.com
Press Inquiries
Is this your business?
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

eBay Customer Service Overview

• eBay Customer Service is rated at 1.6 out of 5. Consumers who contact the company are mostly dissatisfied. More commonly used way of contact is by phone.

Source Distribution
    96% phone 4% email
  • The best phone number to call eBay is 8669619253. 55% of consumers used this number to address their issues and concerns. Meanwhile, 44% of users reported contacting a real person successfully by dialing the phone number 8663489519.

• The average hold time is up to 3 minutes. The longest wait times are on Monday, while the shortest are on Sunday. The average call time is 3 minutes.

• Be prepared for the call as eBay may ask you for the following information to identify you as a customer: first and last name, email or order id.

View full overview ›

How to Contact eBay?

author avatar
Winnie Murugi
PissedConsumer Reporter

To contact the eBay support team by email, log in to your account, click the “Help & Contact” button at the bottom of the page, and select the “Contact us” option. After picking the closest topic to your issue, go to this page, and on the left-side menu, choose to email eBay customer service team. You will be asked to fill out the online form with your issue.

The company informs that they will reply to your email enquiry within 24 hours.

There is a dedicated eBay phone number for fraud assistance:1-866-540-3229. The company notes that you should only call this number if you have experienced fraud, otherwise, if you call it for other issues the customer representatives on the line will not be able to assist you. For the technical support, customers can call at 1-866-961-9253. They also notify their customer that the eBay phone number: +1 866-540-3229 is no longer in service. Company warns their customers of long wait times from time to time.

Customers can contact eBay via different social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

To contact eBay on social media, you can send a direct message or post a public question or concern on the company’s social media accounts. eBay social media team will then work to respond promptly to the inquiry. However, response times may vary depending on the volume of inquiries.

Regarding which social media channel is best for contacting eBay ultimately relies on the preference of the customer. A dedicated eBay customer service page on Twitter @AskeBay is a preferred option for customers who need immediate assistance. Twitter is a popular platform for customer service inquiries known for its fast-paced and real-time interactions, so it might be helpful to contact eBay support there. Additionally, you may get a company response by messaging eBay on Facebook and Instagram.

To contact eBay’s customer service through the live chat feature, log in to your eBay account, and click the “Help & Contact” button at the bottom of the page. Then choose the topic closest to your request and follow the link. At the bottom of the page, you will find the section “Need more help?” Click the “Chat with us” button and follow the instructions. In addition, you can also go to chat with the assistant through the “How can we help you today?” page. Scroll the page down and repeat all the steps above.

eBay’s automated chat feature is available 7 days a week from 9 am to 6 pm CET.

To request a refund on eBay, you can log in to your eBay account, click the “Help & Contact” button at the bottom of the page, and select the “Contact us” option. From there, you should choose “Returns & Refunds.” Look through the suggested article and select the one that is closest to your issues. On the next “Help yourself” page, you can either contact eBay via email and chat or choose the necessary article. If you can’t find the answer, go to “Need more help?” at the bottom of the page.

eBay customer support team operates 24/7.

To file a complaint with eBay customer service, go to the “Help” page on the eBay website.

To contact a bidder on eBay, do the following:
1) Select the "Advanced Search" option.
2) Filter the search "By bidder".
3) Type in the bidder's username to start the search.
4) Click on the bidder's username to visit their profile.
5) Click "Contact member" to get in touch with the bidder.

PissedConsumer Club

eBay Customer Service Reviews

1.6 / 5
Poor
Guest-5990863
Never got merchandise ordered. Said it was delivered. It should of went in my postal ll
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

Do not use eBay, no customer service people answer the phones.do not use ebayI tried to call eBay yesterday, but they don't answer verbal calls anymore. I will not purchase again.

By the way the email notice I got yesterday said another car camcorder was delivered, but it was not in my box yesterday, as it stated it was delivered. I checked mailbox at 4:30pm it was empty until today, then I did get cam corder for car. But eBay needs phone service until 8 pm at night.

Poor nonverbal service, eBay has gone down hill I now give it a negative -1 rating. Very poor service, actually none,

Carlos S Kzk
Do not serve customer situations or concerns with the sense of urgency that demand.
3.0

Well, it's kind of outrageous that the technology on eBay, or the process, is not up to the level of other companies that provide the same service. For instance, I ordered an item by mistake at 09:21 pm.

Immediately at 09:22 pm, I submitted the cancellation request and it's up to the seller, not eBay, to approve it. That needs to change; the seller is as much a customer as I am, the buyer. Now, if this Chinese seller does not respond, I'll be screwed in the whole sense of the word. Secondly, your customer service is non-existent; no one answers the phone.

You fool whoever calls by asking for the zip code to validate the number and immediately refer the client to eBay.com/help.

It's simply not good service. Other companies that provide the same service are way better in that regard.

Joe G Zle
Poor customer service eBay

Subject: Urgent Assistance Required for Return Process - Item 11-1169*-***87
Dear eBay Customer Service,
My name is Joe, and I need immediate assistance with returning an item (ID: 11-1169*-***87) purchased through eBay. I have encountered multiple issues attempting to initiate this return, both via your website and customer service hotline.

The website continuously loops without providing a solution, and the automated phone system redirects me back to the same unhelpful website.
The item I need to return was shipped from China, and the address provided by the seller is confusing and difficult to comprehend. I have attached an image of the address they provided. Additionally, the seller has stated that I must pay for the return shipping upfront and they will reimburse me later.

I do not trust this process and insist that eBay steps in to facilitate a smooth and reliable return process.
Please review the attached address and advise on the best course of action. I expect prompt and effective assistance, given that this purchase was made through your platform.
Contact Information:
Joe
El Paso, Texas 79905
915-24
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
Sincerely,
Joe Garcia

Azura Vsr
Live agent
stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating stars-rating

Never got upper support callback yesterday promised to me from 8am to 12 pm for a manual of a grill so we never could put it together. Its getting returned by wed 10 July.

2..

I bought a defectetibe grill new for 57.00 it caught fire burned metal of grill burned hairs in my friends leg. I want my refund immediately
Jan Eckstein
303740****
Jankay80@***.com
May very well b last use on eBay as I never had this treatment respond asap please

How Good is eBay's Customer Service?

Sharica Bph
Sharica Bph
Feels Disappointed | Jul 21, 2024

Yes very poor.

Vicki Obh
Vicki Obh
Feels Disappointed | Jul 20, 2024

Were is my refund for soler shades

Tyreon Ipd
Tyreon Ipd
Feels Disappointed | Jul 20, 2024

So I had purchased a left side driver side window motor for a 2013 Chevy Cruze and had it for a month. And it's already bad in making noise

Santana Kdz
Santana Kdz
Feels Disappointed | Jul 20, 2024

No problem with customer service speaking with them.

Mali Llk
Mali Llk
Feels Disappointed | Jul 18, 2024

I haven’t communicated with anyone yet.

Jace Bgq
Jace Bgq
Feels Disappointed | Jul 18, 2024

Absolutely useless. There is no ability to speak to someone in person, and I am still unable to get information about my delivery which should have been Friday 12th July 2024. Please let me know who I can speak to and resolve this issue.

Summary of eBay Customer Service Calls

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call eBay?

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• “Have a problem with a delivery”
  • “Cuz I didn't receive my item”
  • “The same item twice and couldn't get it delivered”

Request for Information Question:

• “Need helpI'm”
  • “Asking a question”
  • “To check my order i dont even see it listed”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “Fraud”
  • “EBay is the one committing fraud”
  • “Problem with payment”

Account Question:

• “Why is my account being debited”
  • “Problem with my account”
  • “Account restriction”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “Like to return item and speak with a person”
  • “Return”
  • “Return request”

Refund Question:

• “Refund”
  • “Need a refund on shipping”
  • “Want my refund, seller is ripping me off”

Product/ Service Question:

• “Wifi cut out due to Microsoft *** and closes my return”
  • “Need information about product”
  • “My eBay selling app isn't working I want to speak to a person about it”

Cards Question:

• “Check eBay gift card”
  • “My eBay card will not go through”
  • “I ordered a tail light lens using my friends iPhone. I used my credit card to pay for it. The charge showed up on my account but I haven’t received the part. We were expecting it to be delivered to his address.”

Activation/ Cancellation Question:

• “Cancelorder”
  • “I order 4 cameras by mistake I need to cancel 2 off them”
  • “Cancellation of my order”

Staff Question:

• “I need to speak to customer service”
  • “Rude emails from customer”
  • “Customer service issue”

Website/ Application Question:

• “App not working”
  • “Website issues”
  • “I cannot pay for a purchase i made on the site”

Employment Question:

• “Jobs”
  • “Can't get paid because the buyer said I'd buy a gift card and i never said that.”
  • “I need to get paid”

Other Question:

• “Items were sent to my house that I did not purchase”
  • “Ive already told u”
  • “I am not able to ship the item to buyer”

Compare eBay To

1.9
Etsy
13944 reviews
1.8
Do you have something to say about eBay? What happened? What can we help you with?
Submit review Don't show this popup