Featured Not resolved
1.1
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I purchased a rare 1980's Pioneer CT-A9x cassette deck from a seller in California through eBay on November 20th 2017.I paid $599.99 plus $65 to have it shipped.

I asked for double boxing and extra care in packing this tape deck. It arrived in a single box, poorly packed and damaged. The seller called me a crook and a shyster saying there is NO WAY this could be his fault. It clearly is.

I have photos of the item, the damage and the packing materials used. His packing is NOT enough to keep a heavy vintage tape deck from being damaged. Only a single layer of bubble wrap protected it around the front, back and both sides. The shipping box is barely larger than the footprint of the tape deck meaning there is NO crush zone at all and hardly an inch between the tape deck and the single wall cardboard box.

Only the top and bottom were adequately protected. The damage is exactly where there was little protection. I opened the box in the parking lot of the FedEx pickup location and saw the crushed parts when I picked it up and immediately sent an angry message. This heavy deck never had a chance.

These packages are kicked, thrown and dropped during their journey. So far no compromise is being offered. I am only told to return the item so it can be inspected. I have purchased over 50 tape decks in the last 18 months.

I collect them. This is the 3rd one that has arrived damaged out of 50. That's right 50!!! In the other cases I had been able to work something out but NOT in this case.

I will not return it but I do not want to pay full price for something that is not as described.

Collectors of rare and vintage items BEWARE!!!!Be careful buying here.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Dishonest sellers.

Had an Experience with Ebay?

Comments