Filter by rating :
filters

Ebay buyer protection
a buyer purchased a item, collectibles trading cards chase for 52 mantle box also for jordan rookie, 20 packs per box ,also some other packs outside the box like 2006/07 fleer pk 20th anniv pack 10 cards inside to look for a possible jordan rookie auto ,& other packs pictured .their was a bidding war & item sold for 127.50 .now i had others listed as well cheaper or slightly damaged boxes that could not sell as new item & let them go for what they did on auction ..some only did 25 bucks or so ..still sealed pictures to view ..so i figured i put some extra items in for the buyer ,graded cards jordans ,9 card sheet with magazine tiger woods ,a couple extra packs ..for this buyer ..he filed buyer protection on me said item not as described ,but i described as there are odds not once but twice in description .ebay settled for him ..he openned all items took what he wanted ..sent me back the garbage .in a small box .i sent a medium size box priority insured .he collected 139.50 from ebay my account of course my money ...this is theft of my investment ,stolen ,openned items cant be resold .a number of gem cards were kept from jordan pack,magazine or graded cards not returned.kept. i filed bbb ..but of course i had been suspended by that time from ebay ..do to cursing ..this was there answer to bbb.after a month to my complaint..my complaint ,is theft openned gone through taken..items to compare to described proper ,pictures of stolen contents in appeal to them from sealed box i rec'd ,offered to send to them before opennig ,buyer said from another id on ebay he openned went through.in email to me....change his id after the purchase ..why? got into it with buyer ..i suspended ..his cursing is ok ,mine shows up on bbb report .i will never use the ebay world again after 13 yr's ,..scammed
#561910

ebay has become cheatbay,

some chinese guy sold me used lcd instead of new one

this is why ebay now has a "thank you campaign" because they are losing honest sellers!!

So what's this buyer's user name/ID? We need to know so we can watch out for him -- he sounds like a weasel.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Ebay hit my credit report

Last month I received my credit report. On it was a balance due from Ebay in the amount of $300.00 (from 2 years ago that "just all of a sudden" popped up) I quickly reviewed my own records but could find nothing. It also occured to me that I could not remember having ever given Ebay my Social Security number. Hmmmm......I began then looking at my PayPal accounts and could find absolutely nothing. Immediately....I call Ebay and talk to one of their representatives that could also NOT find me owing $300 PLUS dollars. After I was referred to a "supervisor", he said that the matter had been turned over to an outside collections firm. He did not know where or when this happened nor would/could he give me the firm's phone number. Once I contacted my credit monitoring company they also were confused as to why this issue would appear on my credit report at this late of a date. I am still waiting on Ebay and all the creditor monitorins services to work this out. It seems that Ebay can put disparaging remarks on your credit report. Please BEWARE!

This is enough for me. I feel I should terminate my account with them before something like this happens to me. So far, I have been happy, but hearing this makes me feel too afraid to stay.

Beware of eBay Buyer Protection Program

Buyers ! Beware of eBay Buyer Protection Program Lot of people might feel confident buying at eBay just because it says protected by eBay Buyer Protection Program. However in reality, it is just a way to fish the buyer and most of the time when buyer has issue eBay will make decision on the favor of seller. Remember, its seller who is making eBay rich. It may sounds wrong but that is the eBay's strategy to blindly favor its top seller and maximize profit. I bought a new unlocked cell phone from eBay but the seller sent me a locked AT&T phone. So, I contacted the seller as eBay always suggests to contact the seller first. This is actually eBay's biggest trick. Once you started conversation with the seller, it will be used against you to NOT refund. I started conversation with the seller, seller agreed to refund and also provided with USPS pre-paid return shipping label. I returned back the item using the USPS pre-paid shipping label. USPS tracking showed the return package was delivered but seller denies they received it. I opened case at eBay Buyer Protection hoping eBay will help me but my case was declined by eBay. I have USPS tracking number showing it was delivered but still eBay decided to favor the seller just because the seller is eBay's top rated seller. Top rated seller does not mean seller will never make mistake but from eBay's perspective if the seller is top rated, always favor the seller because its the top rated sellers that is making eBay r7ich. So, I learnt hard way that eBay's Buyer Protection program is in reality a Seller Protection program. Below is the response from eBay: eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision. We've considered the case carefully and decided not to issue you a refund. We're sorry this didn't work out. What the *** is this response? I paid the full amount, seller agreed refund, I returned back the item using seller prepaid shipping label, it was delivered successfully but just because seller declined the receipt of the package, eBay decided to favor their top seller. Warning: Buyers, buy at eBay at your own risk. Do not feel comfortable buying at eBay just because it says protected by eBay Buyer Protection Program. eBay Buyer Protection program in reality is Seller Protection program and to maximize profit.

I'm going to guess here that you have never sold anything on eBay. Sellers know how the claims process really works, and what is and is not protected.

What you described is missing information for sure. eBay did not send you a one sentence response, you cut the last part of the response that says you lost and pasted it here. You omitted the reason.

eBay usually does this to a buyer that has this type of proof because you have abused the buyer protection program and they're on to you.

The person who wrote this article must be an ebay worker! It is far from reality.

All ebay cases have been decided in the buyer's favor - ALWAYS no matter what sellers do.

Ebay scams sellers all the time. I have been selling on ebay 6 years and if the customer is tricky it always means I am out of pocket.

@seller

BS. A seller just sold me a defective printer that worked once after set up.

Then started getting all kinds of error messages. Found out this particular printer co had just paid out a judgment on a class action suit involving this particular printer. When I tried to get my money back, the seller wanted me to jump through all kinds of hoops. Then when he agreed to refund my money, he.

supposedly sent a mailing label via the ebay site. First the label wasn't there & second how did he think I was supposed to print it out? Another week later, I finally had the label, but my husband was in the hospital & I didn't get it sent back.

He complained to ebay & took his side. So I'm out $120 plus still have to buy a new printer

it's a scam to suck you in then steal from you

View more comments (3)
Loss

My listings were removed because they were reprints. | Ebay review from Katy, Texas

I have been selling for over a year on Ebay. I sold reprint baseball cards. Just recently ebay remove all my listings because of copyright infringement. how can that be when there is no copyright on the image or card? on top of that the card and the images portrayed on the card are in public domain!! If you ask me ebay is run by abunch of incompetent fools. they also have no evidence to back up there claims that I was selling copyright infringed items. according to customer service you cannot list reprints on eBay, I was told this on the phone. Ebay policy states that a copy that was legally made is legal on eBay and does not infringe on eBay policies. customer service fails to add knowledge this, therefore I have to suffer. ebay is a joke if you are trying to sell!! I follow ebay policies and my listing still get removed......????

That is ebays policy (to allow the sale of reprints) but not MLBs. Undoubtedly you were reported, many companys pull this *** when they find items on ebay that they have even the weakest of ties to.

Maleluaka won't let you sell your own property at all, and they keep a close eye on ebay and threaten legal action if they find anything of theirs on ebay. it's ***, but ebay can't fighy huge corporations on behalf of their sellers.

Loss
TO ALL eBayers / EBANNERS, beware of seller "minairia1", she seems to be very sweet and caring, she is not, she is FAKE, and she has no ethics. I will admit the seller did gave back my money. AFTER I challenged her and asked why if I bought an item for a woman, this...
#581932

You lost me at, TO ALL

BTW, would LOVE to know what your "prof. degree" is in...

View more comments
Tags
  • hard time

Ebay suspended my buyer account???

I am a seller on E-bay and occasional buyer. They have a 5-star rating to rate sellers in several categories. The one individuals I buy from have a great product but are so sloooowwww with shipping.. So I mark them down for that but give them high ratings for everything else. This morning E-bay suspended me for giving a honest rating on shipping.. I can not buy for 2 weeks nor can I ever open a buyer resolution case. When asked why they said it was because I left them a low star on shipping but continued to buy from them. Well yeah I left the low star in shipping hoping they would work on this area not that I was purposely trying to hurt them. I am a top-seller on E-bay but not any more. Because of all this I think I will find another medium to use to sale. Ebay is ridiculous and it is a dishonest site!

Ebay seller lighthousesociety2000

emails with seller were scary!!! (my email to her) Dear lighthousesociety2000, Us there anything you can you do on the price and the shipping. The shipping is way to high for a doll that could be put in an envelop and shipped. You can put it in a fits it ships box for ten bucks. I also looked at past prices your a little high anything you would be willing to do, This is for my son who found one while he was in hospital I have been looking for one ever since. (Note her doll price was to high for the doll that was out of the box and the shipping was crazy at 44.85 for a doll that weight less then a pound, I have had far heaver items shipped from china for less.) (her response to me) Dear buyer, Good evening, Well, we find your email a bit offensive, but never the less, we shall explain..Due to problems with International packages. All items must go Priority Mail International over $25.00. THE US Seller can only insure Priority mail, No longer 1st class mail. Please READ our complete auction for further reasoning. What this means is that any "International buyer could get a package and state "I did not get it and be immediately refunded" by Ebay. Insure is policy. THERE ARE MANY DISHONEST CONSUMERS TO BE DEALT WITH.. When you have this happen once, you "learn your lesson". As you see in the auction "we state all Canada members contact first before bidding as your shipping is a bit cheaper. Unfortunately, USPS has really gotten lazy and disconcertive with there packaging handling...We would never trust a piece like this in a envelope as it would be "ripped to shreds"! Priority Mail international for Canada is only $32.95 vs. $44.89. TO be honest, Actually your email is a tad bit abrasive as we have 2 accounts and have been selling many years, and yes you will never find another piece like this one. That is WHY we would not just shove it a envelope????! One of our members had a car part mailed just to her yesterday and the box was DESTROYED! Thank god The actual it was triple bubble wrapped. Hopefully, now you will read the full listing and comprehend our USA postal issues at hand. If you had traveled In "our SHOES" over the years you would absolutely understand, believe me...Over 60% of our business is International & they love us as you can see. We see you ever never had any experience selling on Ebay, please take this advice and "heed it" when you do become a Seller, as it is a WHOLE different world..... Good luck on your journey of learning and god speed, LHS2000 - lighthousesociety2000 (I took great offence and sent her this email) Dear lighthousesociety2000, Thank for your response!! 1st you insult me by calling me abrasive and offensive. As an ebay seller (which I am) and you claim I have never been, I would never ever talk to a potential customer in the way you talked to me. I would have explained that I don't ship items that can rip or tear in an envelop as part of your policy to protect both seller and buyer would have been enough. Then to consider stating that I might be dishonest because other ebayers are how *** and offensive! Well some ebay sellers are dishonest does that make you dishonest? I think the next time you write a message to someone you should ask your self how you would take the message your sending if it was sent to you. Keep your doll I will find one some day for my son. As for your business I am going to send a message to all my friends and tell them to send to there friends the email you sent me with you ebay id number so we all know who NOT to buy from. I have friends around the world you just might want to think twice before you call someone names again. (she responds with this -why does everyone say you need to find god when they are rude to you I know god just fine thank you) Dear buyer, That is absolutely fine. We will be sure to let our community know as well of your antics. You have already been blocked as a bidder due to your rude email. Any further negative nasty responses will absolutely be forwarded to Ebay. We really do not know, Who do you think you are?? You have no business telling Seller's that their prices are too high, when they are not, being very rude and abrasive. Anyone can look at your feedback and easily see you have Zero experience as a Seller. Think twice before you harass a excellent Seller again. Your threats are pitiful and meaningless and complete waste of our valuable time. Our advice is to find something better to occupy your time. Finding God would be a great suggestion! Matter of fact, I am forwarding your emails. Ebay should be aware of your harrassment to Sellers in the community. Don't bother to respond as you are completly BLOCKED adn your emails will automatically forward to Ebay. LHS2000 Society President. Mrs. Davison - lighthousesociety2000 (I dont think you should have to deal with people that are so insecure that they have to kick you down when your shopping at there store, I think they forget who pays them at the end of the transaction, I doubt she would have talked to me that way if I had been there in person)
Jeancarlo

Wow, this buyer is completely unreasonable with this Seller and way out of line! I agree exactly with all the positive posting reviews.

My family has bought from this Seller for over 6 years and we are always 100% satisfied. We have at least made 25 purchases over the years and same great A1 service. A seller to be well trusted and honest. I truly hope they get your negative remarks removed.

I realize your child is in the hospital but do not be a "negative nelly" and take it out on other people as you did them or use excuses to try to "beat up" a seller on price. In case you are unexperienced on Ebay rules: If the seller does not have make a offer on the auction, you are not supposed to haggle a price. I just checked and they are also right that you have no seller history, and you are dishonest when you state "that you do". Every order my family and I have made with them has been packaged excellent, shipped out next day (as they promise) and the shipping fees are very fair, as I have checked usps.com in the past when I first started dealing with them!

That is why, as of today, 8/11/14, they are still 100% feedback and 5 stars across the seller dashboard. I am also a Seller on Ebay, and I hope they reported you to Ebay to be reprimanded for your harrassment, as no Seller deserves to be treated this unjust.

To be honest this Seller is quite a gem, and it is challenge to find such great customer service anymore.

J. Knowles

Really, ? Emails with seller were scary?

Are you serious?

Youre a wacko for emailing whining about shipping AND handling charges.you dont like her prices? Hit the back button and keep looking.Ebay isnt a charity people are TRYING to make a little money.and yes it is agesnst Ebay policy to try to mooch discounts

As a side note I did ask another seller if there was anything they could do on the shipping of the same doll.The responce was much more pleasent they looked into it and was able to reduce the shipping to 18$ there doll price was much better at 11$ for the doll in same condition.That ebayer was amazing and was willing to work with me.I left excellent feeback and am a very happy mom. Not to mention my son will be too.I also placed this ebayer in my list so I know I want to check out what they have for sale the next time Im looking to purchase.That is how you become successful on ebay!No name calling and a successful sale with the prospect of another in the future.

@bernie642

The Seller is completely in the right. I suggest you go directly to usps.com and check the shipping from USA to Canada.

They are 100% honest, polite and correct. I have bought these dolls and they absolutely do not weigh under 1 pound and do not fit in any $10 box...

I also buy & sell on Ebay and I welcome all Ebay members to check other Living Dead Dolls on line and see that is the same price they are shipping their dolls for. You really should be banned from Ebay for harrassing this seller!

It must be a canadian thing when people call you dishonest to get upset.

All she had to say was no I cant lower my price and that is the shipping thats it she didnt need to go on and call me dishonest. And yet she went futher to say that I have on experience on ebay as a seller which I do. If we would have been face to face when talking there would have been no issue and she would not have talked to me that way. Remember the customer is the one that pays you, it pays to be extrat nice to them until it isnt unwarrented. There was no reason at this point to name call and turn a buyer off from the purchase she had no ideal if I would buy or not from her weather she lowered the price or not.

I have been in sales for 25 years and Im successful at it, there is no way I would name call any of my customers to there face or in writing, it rude and you never get the sale that way.

You can say what ever you want after the sale but if you want to get paid you need to have a little more class.

@bernie642

WHAT'S WITH '' IT MUST BE A CANADIAN THING".....YOU DEFINATELY COME OFF AS OFFENCIVE AND RUDE...THAT LINE ALONE YOU INSULTED TONS OF PEOPLE NOBODY LIKES TO BE ALL PUT IN ONE BASKET...YOUR TO MUCH!!!

On the sellers side totally. You're original letter was offensive, and if you don't like her prices and shipping rates,don't buy from her. Besides, isn't it against ebay policy to email sellers trying to mooch discounts?

Sorry, I'm on her side. As a frequent Ebay buyer, it would never occur to me to email a seller and ask that they lower their prices, and then insult their prices and shipping charges.

View more comments (7)

Bid retractions seem fishy | Ebay review from Madison, Wisconsin

EBay has published guidelines for how to and reasons for retracting a bid that has been placed. It took a while to notice, but after checking what I considered instances of unusually high bidding, I realized that eBay does not enforce it's own policy. While being able to retract an incorrectly typed bid is a good thing, for bidders to use bid retraction as a tool to inform of other bids or to bid maliciously is wrong. It artificially raises the bidding and the winner gets ripped off. It is easy to spot persons that do this. Look in their bid history. It is listed for the previous six months. Most legitimate bidders will have 0-5 bid retractions during that time. Yet, it is not uncommon to see persons with 100-200 bid retractions. They will enter an auction with no intent to purchase, enter a really high bid, and then check to see the high bid entered. Using that information, they can decide how much to bid or if they even want to bid so much. Occasionally, there is more malicious intent. Sort of like, "I don't want to have to pay so much to win, but I will make certain that the winner pays the highest amount." With this, the bidder will enter just under what he/she already knows is the highest bid. Lastly, bid retractions are used to protect oneself as to amount desired to spend on an item. Bid really higher and ensure the win. If someone comes along and bids just below your bid, then back out of the auction by claiming a bid retraction. Often the second place bidder is offered "a second chance" to buy the item. This works as a good scam by a seller to get top dollar for an item. No way to absolutely prove this, but, again, when you look at the bid retraction numbers, it becomes clear that something is not right. I have complained to eBay about this. It would be an easy fix. Ebay does not seem to think that this is a problem. It's not for eBay. All that happens is that many buyers end up paying manipulated high auction prices. It is not a shill act because there is no collusion between the bidder and the seller. Yet, like a shill bid, it increases profit to eBay. I spoke with a customer service rep on the phone tonight and was told that despite what eBay's written guidelines are, they will not be doing anything to change and that bidders can have as many bid retractions as they wish. I feel that this is crooked and I have, as of tonight , stopped using eBay. Period!

Ebay Seller Service is a Scam

I sold a pair of earrings bought from an internationally praised jeweler in Jaipur India & sold them on Ebay . The buyer kept them for 14 days, then called Ebay Aug 7 to say he just got them and they were NOT AS DESCRIBED. He lied. They believed him and told him to return them. His return package had the inside of the jewelers case totally destroyed and one earring's pendant had glue all over it. My jeweler who saw the earrings confirmed to Ebay that they were perfect when sent. Ebay would not listen. Sending a full package with exhibits to corporate.

Who is EBAY?They are a BUNCH of CROOKS and a shady company

I have been selling for some time on ebay.Buying and selling since it started.As much as some people think ebay is for the seller and not for the buyer.YOU ARE WRONG.The seller is who pays ebay.At least 16-18% of any item(EBAY/PPAL).It's like giving away product and my time.I sell items up to 5k.So figure it out on 30-100k a year.Now they want to tell us how to run a business their way.Need to refund and be out the door in a day.Like i said i run a business,its out the same day or within in 3 topps.I think thats fair.What I sell there is no refunds.I"m not going to eat what someone scraches or destroys or does't fit.Not my problem.We can't leave neg feedback.What good is feedback?Now its a 1 way street.I'm a power seller that had a disc. but now with the changed policy they took that away.Why because I don't refund.Now my product price goes up.I shouldn't half to.It's my business.My customers don't have a problem with it,why should they.It's because they make that extra 20% disc. on our fees.EBAY ISN'T TO GREEDY ARE THEY.Now you can't email,that means I can't send pics to customer or otherwise.Makes it harder to sell or the buyer to purchase.They take listings off at their leisure.It took my time to put it up.Funds automaticlly come out of account if a buyer ***.Doen't matter if received or anything else.It's my product that left the door.THESE NEW OWNERS SHOULD BE SHOT FOR DESTROYING A GOOD THING.GREEDY BASTARDS.......IF SOMEONE WAS SMART ENOUGH THEY WOULD CREATE ANOTHER TYPE OF EBAY....THIS COMPANY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a sound bar from Infiniti Electronics at Ebay for $525; It's listed as new, which is unopen, unused and manufacturer sealed by EBay's definition. But they sold me used one.

Everything looks new except the remote control, you can see lots of scratchs and plastic cover is gone.

Never buy things from Ebay. A bunch of Crooks.

Ebay is the only gig in town (to date)...and, the f@#$ng know it! This is why they routinely *** with sellers.

I cannot wait for the day they are criminally charged as an organiztion for their unfair and illegal 'business' practices.

Don't the Sherman Anti-Trust laws apply to these f@#$rs, too? And, on a related note; If I could reach through the phone and choke the *** out of the @$$holes that I deal with in customer service- it would all be worth it

@***Ebay!

What customer service ! THEY MAY AS WELL HAVE A RECORDING ON THE OTHER END .

Lissete
@***Ebay!

so true the company is a scam don't use it

Brienna

Bunch of retards.

I've had buyers literally attempt to extort money or they'd leave a negative feedback. Refused to pay, turned over the e-mails, info, etc. and Ebay didn't give a ***. Got a message "I know it's frustrating when you get negative feedback blah blah blah". 680 transactions and one negative from an extortive s.o.b. and ebay just rocks along.

Getting to the point where I'm going to shut my account and sell *** on Saturdays in a yard sale.

:( I cannot agree more. They are crooks. Why aren't there any class action law suits?

Lissete
@Eddie Copland

someone should start a lawsuit

EBAY DOES SUCK. They allow people to sell things like metaphysical *** purchased from junk stores/yard sales.

The worst one is jinnandtonics ebay store. There is nothing about this chick or her items that have any type of powers what-so-ever.

She doesn't even own the site, if you look closely, you will see the name Lester Smith...he must be the sugar daddy backing this *** site. EBAY NEEDS TO SHUT ALL OF THESE LIERS DOWN...BUT THEY WON'T BECAUSE THEY MAKE MONEY OFF THE LIES.......EBAY SUCKS

@Linda

I sold a Palmcorder that had no Charger on Ebay Which I bought it on Ebay Without a Charger, The Person That Bought it Left me a Negative FeedBack Because They Said They Couldnt Find a Charger Well Thats Kinda Weird I looked up the Camera Number for a Battery Charger and Several Came up on Ebays Site as low as $6.99, and I have Called Ebay Five Times and Get a Differant Answer Each Time But all of Them Say They Cant Remove The Negative FeedBack and Im Supposed to Be a Power Seller and The Person That Bought The Camera only had a FeedBack of 7 When I have 1068, Ebay is not for the Seller, I will Never Sell on Ebay again they can take that Site and Shove it, all they are is a Bunch of Liars and Let Worthless Buyers like that get by with Leaving Bad FeedBack. PEOPLE BEWARE WITH EBAY

View more comments (8)