Filter by rating :
filters

Steve Zarelli Stated PSA has hair trigger on Likely not Authentic | Ebay review from Farmington, Connecticut

Steve Zarelli Stated PSA has hair trigger on Likely not Authentic - Ebay review
This signed Neil Armstrong photograph, listed on eBay, and based on an online opinion from PSA, came back as " LIKELY NOT AUTHENTIC " . This item comes with a Steven Zarelli COA. It Was Steve Zarelli, who stated on AML that PSA has a " Hair Trigger" on the likely not authentic opinion. So - my next question is -who is right ? Steve Zarelli is cuter than Steve Grad. I would never want to rub my sword against Steve Grad, but *** Pride Aside, Steve Zarelli just does not match up to Grad's experience, so I have to go with the opinion of PSA.

This is an obvious forgery-makes me wonder. Did Zarelli really authenticate this or did some dumdum print up a fake Zarelli COA to go with the forgery.

@Steve

I am afraid that Mr. Zarelli is the dumdum

Another example of Steve Zarelli's Expertise !!!!!!!

Steve Zarelli has not impressed me. Usually if Steven Zarelli reviewed and gave it a COA then I give it greater scrutiny . He makes mistakes and collectors are going get discouraged upon discovering they have bad material in ,lets say 3-10 years.

@Gerry

I share in your opinion

Zarelli's so-called expertise falls into question when examples like this one surface. I recommend buying from reputable dealers that offer a written guarantee and buy the best items you can afford from such dealers and don't waste $ 100 on a worthless COA and instead spend more on the item and buy from established dealers. Zarelli is not going to refund your money in 5-10 years, in fact the fine print on his COA's have a legal disclaimer.

Buy smart and do not waste money on third party COAs.

I agree that Mr Zarelli's expertize may have been grossly exaggerated and Grad has more experience but don't forget that Grad has some baggage as well. Grad worked closely alongside Bill Mastro for years and now Mastro has been indicted on fraud charges. I don't really care which one is "cuter" and the OP should remove that part of the post.

Beware of autograph sellers offering a "Certificate of Authenticity". They are absolutely worthless.

If you will fake and autograph you will fake a COA.

Most reputable autograph dealers will not offer COA's but instead offer a lifetime unconditional guarantee. If you are unhappy, simply return the item is the condition it was sold to you.

You will see sellers offering guarantees that run out in 7 days, 10 days, 30 days, etc. That should be unacceptable to you as a buyer.

Some sellers will state that a questionable signature cannot be returned without it being authenticated by an expert. They know that this is VERY expensive to do.

To get a signature authenticated will often run in to hundreds of dollars. These sellers know that no one will go to that trouble for an autograph that was bought for under that amount.

The Universal Autograph Collector's Club (UACC), one of the most - if not THE most respected autograph organizations in the world, have long renounced the use of COA's. Here are a few FAQ's straight from their web site:

Q: Are Certificates of Authenticity endorsed by the UACC? A: The UACC has been very vocal about the fact that Certificates of Authenticity (COA's for short) are totally worthless.

The UACC does not issue COA's and always encourgae collectors to get a signed receipt for merchandise, instead of a COA. Frankly, they aren't worth the paper they are printed on. A COA is only as good as the dealer that has issued it. If you buy from a UACC Registered Dealer and get a receipt, you are following the correct procedure.

Q: I was looking at some items on Ebay, and I saw that an item came with a UACC Certificate of Authenticity. Is that possible? A: No it is not. The UACC does not issue "Certificates of Authenticity" The person selling that item should immediately be reported to Ebay.

Just use common sense when you purchase autographs. Ask the seller questions.

Ask about their return policy. Learn these things up front so you will not be disappointed when your signed item arrives to your doors.

The signature seems to be on part of the flag ! What about the Flag test ?

PSA does not have a so-called hair trigger on autographs, they are correct most of the time unlike individuals who pass themselves off as experts and cause some collectors to destroy real autographs while causing other collectors to spend good money on fakes. I would trust PSA 100% while giving Steve Zarelli the golden raspberry because he does not have the same training or knowledge as Steve Grad and that is my opinion on the matter

The Steve Zarelli COA clearly states (in the fine print) that it only presents an "OPINION" . It goes on to to state that Zarelli makes no WARRANTY.

Zarelli's "Credentials" are listed as being a member of the UACC and being a CONSULTANT to an auction. My personal opinion is that AUTHENTICATORS should be Licensed . Zarelli covers himself well with his OPINION and NO WARRANTY disclaimer.

Having stating my opinion on Authentication, I am also very concerned.

I travel to Florida every winter. I visit events at Kennedy Space Center and I have received books and sometimes other items, signed IN PERSON. I sell some of these on eBay and this helps pay for my winter trips. Recently, some of these items have been returned for refund, or in some cases SNAD claims filed.

All of these incidents have been connected to a Zarelli Opinion. Steve Zarelli , in my humble opinion , is ignorant about autographs. I have photographs of my family with John Blaha and yet every item John signed was nixed by a Zarelli Opinion.

I was there and I saw these fine astronauts. This is most frustrating.

As I stated, in my opinion, people like this Zarelli character, should be licensed!

@Gary J. Husband

So the fine print covers his *** ! What does PSA have for fine print - if any ? :x

In my opinion Steven Zarelli stinks at authentication and it is my opinion that he pulls stuff out of his stuffy head when he can't find a Russ Still thread to get information off of. It is my opinion as a 30 plus year die hard collector that PSA is better qualified than Steve zarelli and comparing Zarelli to PSA is like comparing a child's lemonade stand to Olive Garden because Zarelli is just a old guy sitting at his kitchen table :upset and PSA has experts with formal training and years of experience. :grin

This Zarelli has played THE GAME well and he has many followers He wrote THE FLAG TEST which first was written by Russ still under a different title but with slight variations, nearly "word for word" the same as the one Mr. Still wrote 12 months earlier. The Zarelli version reads about the same, but Zarelli wrote it about a year later.

It is about time someone complained about this authenticator because he he wrong about 80% of the time !

>>an online opinion from PSA, came back as " LIKELY NOT AUTHENTIC " .<<

..Well then stay away from it. It is either likely fake or it is fake.

Zarelli reads a lot and much of the information and ideas on his blogs seem to be lifted from Russ Still's writing, sorry. He simply rewrites such information into his own words.

He has a dislike for PSA and that seems obvious. People are eating out of his hand, but I personally do not agree with his opinions at all and I feel better with PSA as far as authentication goes.

I have been collecting autographs since I was ten years old, I am 67 years old.

Autograph collectors today rely far too heavily on the opinions of others and they are too lazy to do their own research. Collectors also collect for many of the wrong reasons.

If you take the time to read some of Mr. Zarelli's blogs, you will find that Mr.

Zarelli throws a lot of punches at PSA . At times, Mr. Zarelli, in his criticism, hits PSA below the belt.

Not judging, just stating a fact and if you do not believe me then just google Steve Zarelli and take a good hard look at his blogs and see what this man writes about PSA-DNA .

TWO DIFFERENT AUTHENTICATORS, TWO DIFFERENT OPINIONS. the Key Word here is OPINION. PSA has been around a while and since I am familiar with them then it is my opinion that PSA has the most reliable opinion.

PSA in my opinion is the final word . Zarelli is a self proclaimed expert in my personal opinion and gullible collectors follow him. It is my personal opinion that this is a great autograph to avoid.

The Signature looks 'funky" to me. I personally trust PSA a bit more, but remember these are opinions and have no legal merit

View more comments (20)
Featured
Tags
  • Steve Zarelli VS PSA on Arm Stro

Irulu tablet | Ebay review from Raton, New Mexico

I ordered three tablets for my kids for Christmas. The tablets only worked for the first couple of days after that my oldest daughters wouldn't turn on again. I sent that one back and emailed them again telling them I needed another prepaid stamp because my other daughters stoped working and they blocked me, and now my little boys is doing the samething I wish I could get my money back and buy my kids something better. That is a very awful thing to go though is see your kids happy when they get them and then they break and the seller is so heart less they block you. REALLY SAD.

Auto armor-auctions car cover | Ebay review from Lincoln, Nebraska

Ebay support was not to be. Worthless for this case. Car cover seams came apart, stitching is unraveling. I contacted Auto Armor-Auctions, they wanted pictures, I sent them, they stated, we will warranty the cover...send us 31 dollars for shipping and handling. I replied, "I already paid for shipping the first time and it was $6.95!" What is the 31 dollars for? They wanted the 31 dollars to cover the cost of the cover! A scam! Contacted Ebay...sorry they said..it's been over 30 days, we can't help you! The cover is 5 months old. Auto Armor-auctions has no phone number for customers to call! So they can scam customers and not have to deal with calls. Auto Armor-Auctions does NOT respond in one day per their ad especially when it's about issues like this one.

Almost word for word this same situation happened to me, just a different model cover.

Wish I had found this page or the BBB's page on them before I made my purchase. They have an F rating on the BBB with multiple complaints all that match this situation too close for this to be a one off.

Auto Armor-Auctions is a fraudulent seller and should not be allowed to sell on eBay.

Petition about Ebay to the Federal Trade Commission
There's a new Petition to the Federal Trade Commission on eBay's secret policies and illegal business practices in violation of their own User Agreement and Fair Trade Laws. The petition is sponsored by Americans For Open Records (AmFOR). Unresolved complaints about...

I READ YOUR ARTICLE ABOUT BAD Business practices ON EBAY, & YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT 100% SHADY PEOPLE & DEALS ON EBAY. I MYSELF HAS BEEN A VICTIM. & COUNTLESS OTHERS.

View more comments
Review

Ebay banned me for complaining about bad sellers they are protecting

I bought many movies and music cd's all the movies I chose were to be like new or in very good shape when I got them I pitched a fit all were damaged badly told paypal and ebay I'm done with their junk peddlers like hastings and basicly after that they banned me I was so mad I just went off on them spending hours picking and choosing and then all I got was junk my heart went bang my anger went thru the roof and I was very rude to ebay and sellers and ebay sent me a email saying I complain to much and banned me . that don't bother me I already told them Iwill never shop with ebay ever again I believe they did not like the truth .. that they protect their junk peddlers03
Yerachmiel
#781918

Tg has a good point. And in addition to that, I know that eBay does suspend sellers and investigations are done.

It sounds like you did not give eBay a chance to work with you. Instead you want to call and talk to people and be very rude and mean. These people work for eBay as a job to help members and to make money to support their families. And you want to cause trouble for other human beings?

Not much more can be said for you.

As far as the petition come on really? My argument will remain the because it can't be disputed. Some have tried and did not work.

eBay has lawyers of their own and they know the law and what they can do. If eBay was such a bad place then why is it still growing, stock is increasing and membership is at an alltime high.

Send in the petition, that's cool. eBay will still be around.

Chances are you showed abusive tendencies because when one person is leaving too many negative/neutral feedback, leaving low DSR ratings, escalating to many cases and or getting too many refunds ebay can suspend you. The reason for this is because its out of the ordinary to have a lot of negative experiences. Buyers can be abusive as well as sellers can and from what and how you stated things that may be why it happened.

@TG

IF EBAY WOULD INVESTAGATE THESE COMPLAINTS THEY WOULD SUSPEND THE SELLER NOT ME . THEY DO PROTECT THEIR JUNK SELLERS

ADD YOUR NAME & COMMENT TO THE PETITION TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION ABOUT EBAY ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES AT

View more comments (3)

Ebay

Buyer protection is a scam, they do not honor buyers protection and unable to speak to customer representative. I got scammed on a hat I purchased for $45 this hat looked like it came out of the garbage and sold on ebay. Ebay did not explain their decision all I got for $45 was an email stating they would not protect my purchase. Seller had no returns dead give away when purchasing on ebay. Do not buy anything that the seller refuses returns on as ebay will not stand by you. Unable to talk to rep as they do not have the adequate amount of employees to answer the overwhelming amount of calls. Over 30 minutes until I gave up and hung up the phone. Think twice before purchasing on ebay as I have been buying from them for years and only had a few item issues which were resolved with seller but when it came to using ebay's buyers protection I got nothing at all. The picture of the hat that was on sellers store was nothing like what I got. Good luck
Eoghan

I will be attachin

Did not get my order | Ebay review from Ski, Akershus

I made an order with ebay for some pigeon products at wilderstore in early November 2013 and i still have not got my order after nealy 7 weeks, i got incontact with wilderstore and told them what had happend and they told me that they would send me a new order, did not get that ether. I sent ebay 6,7,8 emails and asked for help they did not get back to me. And this was my first aswell! Ebay looks good they take your money and then blow you off. Ebay can kiss my !!! I have made lots of orders with Amazon and had only 1 problem out of 20 orders and Amazon gave me my money back with no problems

So did you file a dispute or did you just email ebay customer support?

Similar problem, I got junk for my money and ebay did nothing.

View more comments (1)

Junk for sale | Ebay review from Okeechobee, Florida

on 12/01/13 I purchased a hat from ebay the hat that I received looked nothing like what was advertised in the sellers site this hat belonged in the garbage I have thrown away dozens of hats in better shape than this, when I filed a complaint with ebay after several days they favored the seller because in the ad it stated some discoloration, this hat had a torn liner and multiple stains to include all warped as it had gotten wet I appealed the decision and lost. Be careful what you buy on ebay, do not buy where seller offers no returns which is a dead giveaway you going to run into trouble. I have bought thousands of $$$ of merchandise from ebay and most seller are fair but ebay is not fair at all when you have a problem they want those seller fees.

You probably shouldn't buy used hats.

GEORGE9785 COLLECTSPACE EBAY Don't buy From him ! READ THIS

I have never bought from Mr. Said Rawdah (also known as George Boulos) , but I will pass on information. His real name is Said Rawdah. He has been living in British Columbia. He uses a Post Office Box in Washington that he rents using the name George Boulos. A few autograph dealers have accused him of fraud. Specifically using charge-backs after purchase and keeping autographs to be resold later on. Mr. Said Rawdah is originally from Palestine and he has taken political asylum in relocating to Vancouver, where a very high population of Palestinians and Lebanese politically anti-socials reside. Claims of Anti-American literature received from the Washington Post Office Box rented by Mr. Said Rawdah (George Boulos). As I stated, I have never done any type of business with Mr. Said Rawdah , GEORGE9785, AKA George Boulos, but this individual needs to be avoided as a precaution to security and freedom.
Tags
  • COLLECTSPACE GEORGE9785 GEORGE

Never Received Merchandise | Ebay review from Los Angeles, California

Purchased/paid for 50 4-in-1 laser pens from meegoshop2013@gmail.com through PayPal-was charged $66.00. Never received merchandise and seller cannot provide delivery receipt. Wants me, the buyer, to track his shipment. Ebay found for the seller-of course, since sellers fund their business. Never received merchandise...the pens were to be used as token Christmas gifts for clients...no good to me now even if they do make good on delivery. Submitted to customer resolution at Ebay and they found in favor of seller. Escalated to PayPal which has now opened another case. Have contacted my credit card company asking them to reverse the charge with PayPal.WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH EBAY AGAIN.

Just bought from the same seller!

Never received my item......

I bought a set of lipsticks last year. I paid more than 10$ and I never received it, and nobody paid my money back

View more comments (1)