Ebay protects fraudulent sellers identities

Today I had my Paypal account hacked, and a purchase of over 1,000.00 made on eBay. Paypal caught the fraud but needs the seller to answer a question or two. The seller "piedodo" refuses to answer their emails. eBay said they contacted him and told him to cooperate with Paypal but he has not done so. eBay will not divulge any contact info about their "Top Seller" without a subpeona. Now I have to wait upwards of 10 business days to get Paypal to credit my account back. If eBay and the so called Top Seller "piedodo" would cooperate, it would have been done today. So eBay protects their crooks and the rest of us get screwed. I will get my money back, but no thanks to the seller or eBay.

It got resolved with no thanks to eBay. I finally got a hold of a person at eBay and they would not even call the seller and ask them to respond to Paypal.

They had a manager email him. That was the extent of their help. It was Paypal who tracked this guy down, got his phone number and called him while I was on hold.

I got my money back two days later. So a really big thanks to Paypal and their fraud protection people, and eBay can go to ***.

You have any way to fight with them. they are big cheater

santbir_singh2006@***.co.in

ebay also protects buyers who scam people out of money and product

ID
#193336 Review #193336 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California
Ebay Account

Someone opened acc. without my permission. called, said i would sue. closed acc. i had no access to.

all bills are paid in full every month. trying to mess up my credit. there will be a large lawsuit coming. called & canceled acct. that i did not open. said i was going to sue if acct. was not closed. got runaround >pay pal >.B.M.L. - about 4 hrs. told them if they did not want me to cancel credit card and them eat the loss, then cancel. eBay merchants are doing this. you use eBay, contact to tell your choice of payment. that's is how it started. if it happens again, i will see about a class action lawsuit.
ID
#192649 Review #192649 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Mebane, North Carolina

Ebay customer support or lack thereof.

I have been complaining to eBay customer support for 6 days now to get my account working fully. I was told today that it takes a minimum of 17 days to get anything done. What kind of customer support is this???? I waited for 30 minutes on the telephone for a supervisor, but was NOT allowed access to even make my complaint. the 5 online support personnel didn't even know that the company has problems! or they feign ignorance. How is a customer supposed to use a product if the product does not work and if the product provider (eBay) doesn't care about it's customers. I guess it's more important to run for governor than worry about your customers!

FYI: Meg Whitman left eBay about 2 1/2 years ago, so your issues with eBay at this point have nothing to do with her...although I will add that eBay was definitely a piece of *** under her reign as well.

ID
#190531 Review #190531 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Boston, Massachusetts
Service
Ebay Customer Care
Loss

Ebay helped a buyer scam me out of money

I am not a big seller and rarely sell something. The intercooler with piping and parts that I sold for near $200 on Ebay was shipped to the buyer(qyoung2005). The buyer got it and lied saying that it did not fit the description even tho it was word for word. Ebay said they told him to return it to me and they would refund the money to him when the tracking number show delivered. The buyer shipped nothing but an empty box back. I did not sign for the box as UPS dropped it off on my porch. Ebay did nothing about it but refund the money to the buyer. Now I am out $200 and the stuff. I sent emails to Ebay asking for their attorney info and they refuse to give it to me. Now, I also sent Paypal a statement saying the same thing I talked to ebay about. I even finally got a hold of an American on the phone who turned around and called ebay while i was on the phone with him and then came back to me and said there is nothing he can do about it. He would not give me the ebay phone number he called. I tried to leave a neg followup feedback for the buyer. that lasted not even 24hours and ebay removed it because I said: 'beware, buyer is a scammer and found a loop hole to keep your money'. I told ebay that I was trying to warn others about the buyer. The said I cant do that. Who is in bed with ebay? paypal and scammers! With ebay / paypal treating their sellers like that, they are going to insure that their future is limited. No one will sell on ebay after realizing you are only giving your stuff away. The only people that ebay will work for is China. BEWARE of the buyer: qyoung2005

I filed a complaint online with the FBI by filling out an IC3 form for scammers & I also filled one out for EBAY

update..

i got back at ebay by racking up just about as much in seller fees as they owe me. Now they are sending collection people to me in email.

I respond every time by emailing back ebay owes me money and for them to pay or they will be going to collections. They say nothing after that.

they cant charge anything because i removed all credit and banking info as well as my true address and name. Got you back EBAY!!!

Wilmington, North Carolina

Erroneous Debit Withdrawal From Ebay

Signed up for a free EBAY account, made a purchase via paypal, now I have an additional Debit Withdrawal from WENEBAY.INC that they REFUSE to correct!!!! I got hours of runaround from customer service, with no attempt at resolution. Do not buy from EBAY, shop somewhere safer!!!! I have purchased items from many other vendors with no issues until now, this is ridiculous, it's like someone grabbing your wallet, taking the money out, then simply claiming "No, I didn't..." Apparently someone else named Ebay coincidentally decided to randomly steal some money from my account as soon as I signed up as a buyer... Yep, I'm pissed.

WEBEBAY.INC, not WENEBAY... sorry, typo...

Meant to correct it, but... didn't.

WENEBAY is not Ebay, inc. You got scammed by some one but it wasn't ebay. There should be some sort of transaction ID number you can use to get the contact info from the person who made the charge...

Los Angeles, California

Leave feedback for eBay

I have had several horrible experiences with eBay which I vented on the rateEbay.com website. eBay's powerful feedback system is now being used against itself: www.rateEbay.com There all kinds of posts about John Donahoe & Meg Whitman to review among tons of negative feedback. The site also has a DSR feature that rates eBay with a five star system and another feature that compares eBay to its biggest competitors. As of this post, the feedback score and DSR's are so low its embarrassing. eBay's own feedback rating is so low, eBay would be NARU'd from its own site.

Simple - the buyer thought you were fibbing when you claimed you were vandalized, as some sellers will make up stories like yours when an items sells for a lower-than-expected price and they don't want to go through with the sale.

The buyer has the right to refuse to believe you and leave negative feedback should you fail to honor your part of the deal (in this case, shipping the poster). If you don't like it, don't sell on eBay or do a better job of securing your garage.

If a buyer won your auction, but then e-mailed you stating he would not be paying because he was just robbed, I think you'd understand.

A few months ago I sold a poster (beatles) I sold it for like $2.00. My garage was vandalized and my car was burglarized.Among other items they took the one I sold. Right away I contacted the buyer, gave him a refund,offered him up to $75.00 in free merchandise,I offer to pay for shipping. And he said no,he gave me a negative feedback,wrote on my feedback that I was a *** artist.

I contacted ebay and explained them what happened, I told them that the buyer was now trying to extort me more free items and that his negative feedback was just retaliation, ebay (elizabeth the employee's name) told me that at ebay they knew that buyers cheat,degrade,defraud,extort,slander and lie but that ebay couldn't do nothing!!!

So basically my feedback was tarnished, I was being extorted and ebay was ok with that.

Palm Springs, California
Ebay Website

Ebay ripped me off!

Ebay charged me $16.20 twice for my seller account, they assured me three times that they would take one charge off of my account, then they said that they were not going to credit back the money. Ebay is a joke & a rip off. Not to mention the fact that they take 10% of every item sold, as well as a listing fees etc. Pay Pal charges there fees as well. Ebay also has their defaults set to charge you extra money on top of all of that, no wonder they are getting richer and the rest of us poorer.

I find eBay is ethically and morally bankrupt when it comes to protecting the consumers of their sites. They allow sellers to rip off consumers, posting of fakes, and the eBay cunster services representatives constantly lie to consumers over the phone and blame the consumers for the illegal actions and activities occuring on their own site.

Also, the honest sellers on eBay who get ripped off, it goes both ways, both honest sellers and buyers have been taken. So far, I have been ripped off 6 times for the past 2 1/2 years by sellers. Each time the situation has been stressful, and I got stuck by sellers where they took money sometimes over $150 and nothing shipped and no money or item sent back to me.

The so call buyer protection is a joke and when I call eBay customer service about these situations, eBay tries to speak over me and make excuses. Again, this group is ethically and morally bankrupt!

what other sites are there?

email me

***, I wound up $28,000.00 in DEBT because I got "caught up" in the "Magic of eBay"!!!!! I was doing just GREAT seling my yarn on eBay UNTIL THEY decided that 1- they weren't going to have the STORES in their search" any longer AND 2- "HIDE" stores from the INTERNATIONAL Buyers!!!!!

My BIGGEST SALES WERE from the International Market!!!!! I was ONE of the FEW Sellers that would not only sell Internationally -- BUT -- Sell to APO and FPO addresses!!!! Which FYI, are OUR TROOPS stationed overeseas!!!!!

I have gone through *** since that happened!!! Not only with NO SALES through eBay, BUT, it resulted in FAMILY PROBLEMS!!!!!

UNFORTUNATELY -- and I DO MEAN UNFORTUNATELY -- eBay is THE LARGEST selling site there is!!!! Would you BELIEVE THEY (eBay) has ACTUALLY had one of the MAJOR ISP's BLOCK OTHER selling sites!!!!!

I STOPPED listing on eBay JUST BECAUSE of the fact that they THINK THEIR WORD is LAW!!!!!! I have had ONE *** OF A TIME sellng on OTHER sites because of THEM (eBay)!!!!!!

Westwood, California

***Warning***-Dishonest Ebay Seller

Seller - clothingsourcelimited is a fraud. I won an item (260622****68) from them and when I went to pay, they had increased the shipping fee. When I protested and lowered is some, but still higher than listed. When I protested again, they sold the item to another bidder! Ebay is taking NO ACTION against this seller. Just got a lot of guff from the chat line and no action! Ebay would rather collect their fees from this con artist. Don't let them waste your time! Email Ebay and tell them you are boycotting this seller! WATCH OUT CLOTHINGSOURCEUNLIMITED IS A CROOK!!!

This seller authenticautograph has been making a fortune out of innocent buyers, he claims he sells originals and uses photos as bait. What happens is that he is a paparazzi and has acces to places where he takes pictures and then claims he got such and such items signed.

He is so *** that has sold three Michael Jackson autographs and claims that is the only one, almost $7.0000.00 each. He is a crook

Fort Worth, Texas
Loss

Ebay let him call me a crook!

JUNE 21, 2010 This Buyer claimed he did not recieve an item, and did not pay for an item that I shipped to him. What's worse, Ebay allowed him to leave this negative feedback for me, calling me a "crook" spoiling my 100% perfect feedback score that took me years to build. Attempts to have eBay remove this unfair negative feedback has proven to be a waste of time. After several emails to them and finally a phone call to them, they kept me on hold for a very long period of time and then finally said "according to their policy they would allow the negative feedback he left for me to "stand." As a consolation prize, later in the day, I received this email below from Ebay........... Singerray, I investigated, I saw that you've done the best thing to do in your case - posting a reply comment that give details of what did occur on the sale. Any members looking at your profile will be able to understand what actually happened in a situation. In your case, with your other positive Feedback comments in place, your description of the situation will undoubtedly carry a great deal of weight. He went on to say...... Important Reminder: Since your Feedback percentage will only reflect your last 12 months of Feedback, any negative or neutral Feedback older than 12 months will not affect your overall Feedback percentage, which means it may still become 100%. I trust that this information has been useful to you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again. Sincerely, Harley Y. eBay Customer Support (Thanks anyway Harley. but. for medical reasons....I probably won't be around a year from now ) ================================================ The feedback I left for this BUYER simply & truthfully stated that, "The buyer claimed he did not receive the item, and he did not pay." That feedback I left for the buyerwas removed by eBay! However, the several other negative feedbacks this individual has earned in the past has been allowed to stand. Below is the negative feedback that one_more_chance_scuba left for me that eBay let STAND. It's the only negative one I have. It's ironic that it was left by an eBay member to whom I actually shipped an item, but received no payment for the item. He admits he lost nothing. .========================================================== Buyer: left this feedback on my eBay site. Member id ***_more_chance_scuba ( Feedback Score Of 11679) Jun-21-10 02:22 FRAUDULENT AND DISHONEST SELLER! CLAIMED THAT HE LOST ITEM AND REFUNDED PAYMENT! Follow-up by one_more_chance_scuba (Jun-21-10 02:24):THEN LATER CLAIMS THAT HE FOUND AND SHIPPED AND WANTS $; NEVER RECEIVED! CROOK! ======================================================== Ebay let him call me a crook! The general consensus among many Sellers these days seems to be that eBay is pandering only to the biggest Sellers and the Buyers, the little guy gets no respect. No big company will change their unfair policies as long as people are not deserting them in droves. It's always been the case, the bigger and more sucessful a company gets, the more they see how much they can get away with without their unfair policies causing their clients to leave them because of them. Ebay doesn't seem to understand that as soon as a new competitive auction site comes along that expresses more of an interest in fair play for the smaller Seller.....the smaller Sellers like myself and thousands of others that eBay has disappointed with their UNFAIR FEEDBACK POLICY .....Sellers will be leaving eBay in droves.

For just the opposite reason. I bought a product which turned out to be a hacked cd complete with instructions on how to break the license key.

I reported it to Ebay as a scam, they said I must return it to the seller (didn't care about the fact the seller was breaking the law). Guess what, the seller was in China, and delivery receipt confirmation cost more than the product.

They and paypal are crooks. I hope dms2222 is right and both Ebay and Paypal are gone in a year, but it isn't likely.

If you probably won't be around a year from now, what the *** is the big deal?

You probably are a crook!

Tampa, Florida
Ebay Profile

Ab circle not "new" but damaged.

Purchased New Design Pro Ab Exercise Fitness Circle New Ab from vancity_liquidators in British Colombia. Emailed seller and told new design in factory sealed box. Exerciser came dented in several spots and when in use, rollers shredded plastic so it was unusable. Refund promised with my paying return shipping. Unit was 141.00 and return shipping is $63.00 to be paid by me. Seller closed ebay registration when complaints started coming in. People complained they could not return because shipping was too much.Ebay says they will give me shipping coupon but email coupon is for $10.00 for future EBAY PURCHASES! Hope they are not holding their breath!

How much did the seller pay to ship it to you?

Too bad, check the BBB website.

Ab Circle Pro Has the worst ratting.

an F

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Ebay treats sellers with contempt. No return means nothing.

I believe it has become a big problem on ebay. Buyers buy stuff, take parts out computers and such, then want refund. Ebay ALWAYS seems to give buyers the benifit of ANY doubt. I sold a Kodak Stereo Viewer..great shape for 28.00 not a forture. Buyer swaps out unit and returns different item altogether. My ad said "No refunds". Doesn't mean dip to ebay. $28.00 refunded same day as claim...no chance to argue of hear my side. I am going to find a different location to sell. Other people that sell on ebay have the same problem....only because it has billion viewers is there any worth to using this site. My felling... Screw ebay!

Im tired of ebay i sale 26,000$ worth of products a month giving them thousands and THEY STILL TREAT ME LIKE *** AS SOON AS I FIND ANOTHER SITE IM GONE!!

#682010

Walker, the same thing happened to me, I got screwed by ebay and that lying *** of a buyer. Now my broke butt hasn't a pot to *** in.

Sellers beware!! Do Not Use ebay!!!

Ebay is no longer a place to sell for anyone with a conscience or who tries to do things right. There are some honest buyers and honest sellers, but ebay almost always sides with the buyers since they can always get more sellers.

Unfortunately they were "first to market" and no other group...bonanza, etsy, will ever be able to make a major dent into the market.

Since there really isn't another place to go, I have to try to find another way to make a few bucks. :-(

I am really upset with Ebay. I do not accept returns.

I had a buyer complaining and saying they found a defect. I told them to send pictures (I"m not going to just take his word). Anyways 17 days later no pictures were sent and the buyer didn't even respond to my email. Guess What?

He then opens a case and wins!!! First of all 17 days is along time. It seems someone can just claim that something has a defect but show no proof. What if he made the whole thing up.

I really hope that Ebay goes down like Netflix. They are an awful company who treats the people who keep the website running like ***. I hope a better company will come around.

They should be ashamed of themselves. If anyone knows of a petition please post!!

my comment is dont sell on ebay,they will side with buyer and one time i recieved negative feedback they promised it would be taken off , never happened....for buying not so bad but recommend paying with credit card in case there are problems

#190243

ebay just plain sucks! they allow you to disclose your terms when you follow them they allow buyers to post negative feedback regardless if they committed to the terms and you offer to a second chance buyer. when you call you get an outsource company in India who uses a generic script follpwed by"I willsolve your problem" but they dont, they just suck...never buying or selling on ebay again.ill pay full price at retailers.

I see so many Sellers vs Buyers (or visa verse) but I think EBAY is playing both. All depends on how it suits them at the time.

I have been a buyer mostly with only a few items sold. Sellers are just as *** as buyers but the problem is that Ebay is making money, so they don't care. I have had things packed so bad it was ruined when it got there. Or, things in such bad shape (I don't know how they take those great pics), but the buyer has to pay shipping both ways, so it doesn't pay to send it back.

So, the crime goes on and Ebay laughs all the way to the bank. I have complained to the FTC, as they claim jurisdiction, but they just don't believe you.

They said, "Ebay is a reputable company. We do not have many complaints against them".

Let us know if you find another site. Makes you wish Yahoo still had their auction site.

FYI, Amazon is just as bad on their return policies.

they only believe the buyer and refund the money even if the buyer doesnt ship the product back. so beware of amazon.

View more comments (7)
Madison, Wisconsin

Unauthorized withdrawl from bank account from paypal

E-Bays partner lovely Pay-pal, went into my bank account and withdrew $610.00 without checking to see if the order was cancelled. I have to wait four days to get the money into my pay-pal account then I can request the money to be back into my bank account. A total of eight business days and meanwhile they earn interest on my money and I'm waiting for it. They were not supposed to take the money and they did. They sure are fast taking it out but very slow putting it back in.DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL ***.
Merritt Island, Florida
Ebay Account

EBay has turned away from small online businesses.

As far as I'm concerned eBay has gone down the toilet. If you are not a Power Seller you are not "Valued." This is no longer a company that you can partner with to have a small on-line business. They don't provide a telephone number anymore on their Web site to call if you have an issue that can only be resolved by talking with someone. Their drop-down selections) don't cover many issues a seller may have. However, if you're a Power Seller, you get a telephone number and are treated with respect. Just follow the money. I am a 100% perfect seller but because I'm a small business they treat me like ***. Their telephone reps are useless. They only give canned responses. There are so many bad issues with eBay that I could write a book. My recommendation to people is not to do business with eBay. You will only get frustrated and angry. One of the worst business experiences of my life.
Walnut Creek, California

AnnMary Martin

I bought tractor like tow months a go to AnnMartin and we are use eBay and I try to contact them and they do not answer my emails. so I wanted to know who have the tractor AnnMary martin or eBay or when are you're going send the tractor to mi because I been withing for long time. so if y'all know something about this cause please let me know because I am so depress and frustrated so please I need you help because I know eBay. is a company we truest and I belive that you will help me
Dallas, Texas

EBay

I bought a 2007 john Deere tractor two months ago and i didn't receive noting. then i emailed to eBay transaction vehicle purchase. and also i e mailed to the owner of the tractor which is AnnMary Martin and nobody answer. this is the eBay motor case id 92B7M520L6K04 so rigth now I dont know what to do I need your help please. email me because I already pay for the tractor. also I Bought a F-250 truck ebay motor cars&trucks purchase Invoice 2000 ford f-250 lariat 4x4 # 560088****95 and I email Allen bradley never answer.

always check feeback and especially make aure their feedback is not just for them buying!

I need to know what is going to hapen

with my money or to who I need contact.

please let me know. email me or call me

at miaroman@***.com or 817 663 ****