Filter by rating :
filters

Ebay is a Scam Company

I agree 100%. The Ebay Company scams sellers more than sellers scam buyers. I am fortunate that I caught this early on. Ebay was not listing items that I paid to have listed. Could not find certain items at all. Ebay would not resolve the issue and completely ignored me. My 7 day auctions were never shown to the public at all yet I had to pay for them. Also, I had blocked bidders with zero feedback. More than once, a fictitious character just creates an account one day, bids on my item, never pays, and eBay gets the final value fee for that item. I do believe Ebay creates these characters themselves. I actually did a US search on one of the characters they created and this person did not exist at all. Even though I blocked these types of buyers, Ebay allowed these buyers to bid on my items, win and then disappear. The result, Ebay takes a percentage of that sale. Those few cents and dollars add up to millions that eBay itself is scamming out of sellers. I am through with Ebay selling. Ebay is HIGHLY unethical. I don’t know when eBay decided to start in the scam business but it should be a public news matter, and will be if I can help it. I really feel the our US Government needs to crack down on the Ebay company because they have had free will to practice any way they please and the scam needs to stop. Public awareness is a start. The press will be alerted and I do believe in the very near future, this scam produced and run by eBay will be a highlighted focus in the news media, as it should be. The Government should take a good hard look at what Ebay is doing to sellers on that forum. It is disgusting! It has not been regulated and it should be. Our Government went after Microsoft simply for their $$ and Microsoft is a reputable company. Ebay is not and is scamming their sellers on a daily basis and getting away with it, making millions of dollars on what appears to be a lucrative, professional forum. This needs to STOP now! Also, another point, Ebay and Paypal are sister companies. They are in this together and go hand in hand. I now wonder if some of the fictitious scam sellers are actually employed by Ebay/Paypal. If they are stealing from sellers, what is stopping them from stealing from buyers? Nobody. I honestly believe a good majority of Ebay scammers actually are employed by Ebay/Paypal. If you’ll notice, there is rarely resolution to those types of scams and Ebay and Paypal look like innocent bystanders. I’ve been scammed on purchases and Ebay or Paypal did absolutely nothing. They do absolutely nothing to protect sellers. I do believe they have stepped way over their boundaries and hopefully soon they will get caught in this net of deceit. I am quite sure they are being investigated and I’m quite sure they know it. I would personally be a decoy for our Government to catch Ebay in the act. Heck, I’d do it for free!

Ebay have lied to me 6 times in 2 days, I have now deduced they treat their customers like dirt, covering it up with apologies. You are nice to them yet they still you like an ***, agree to help and then don'r carry it out.

Perhaps if we voted with our fingers and took our business to free sits such as Gumtree ebay would have to radically rethink how they treat and lie to the sellers and buyers who use pay to use their site. Ebay all too often seem to be the ones in breach of contract.

They are completely dishonest and don't do a thing to sand behind their sellers. Here's this for starters.

They probe you with power seller emails. Telling you you can make more, spend less to do it, just increase your sales. I did that, increasing my product line 200%. I had a problem with a thief of a buyer. Sold her a perfectly A+ rated item. She demands a refund. Says she'll leave negative feedback if I don't give her a refund. So, knowing I cannot recipricate the f/b, I give the refund. Thinking that is best. Then she refuses to give me a cancellation on the returned item so I can re-coup seller fees. I call ebay, they say it's a farse, she cannot leave neg/fb because I clearly didn't deserve it, and that if she did, it would be considered extortion of feedback. So I continue on. Then I see the negative feedback. I call ebay. They say, "oh well, there is nothing we can do maam". Of course not! Why would I expect them to stand by their word. So I sent them an email explaining in an adult manner how disappointed I was. So now, they sanctioned my account. From 132 listings to none for the next month. Reason? They don't know. Fraud risks. Mind you I've been a member since 98!

They are pigs! They should be shut down. There's a thing somewhere stopping people from coaxing one into an income, then once you have bought in, power seller tools, etc... they block you from selling for a month. What does one month do to someone who cannot make a dollar off of their inventory for one month, for no reason!

Now, who do I report them to, because this has to be illegal!

They suck!

yes, ebay should be controlled. alot of services not up to standard and alot of unfair rules...soon i believe someone will create a full based worldwide auction site to sell freely competing with ebay.

I have also had this happen to me. I used to sell computer parts on ebay as a part time job.

ebay commited so much fraud with these zero feedback buyers and other fraud and tried to force me off of ebay because I was too much competiton for the power seller sites. I have been selling on Amazon.com now for over a year with no problems and doing great.

I agree! Ebay has done this to me many times.

They will never resolve any issues for the buyer or seller. have been ripped off at both ends and always suspected eBay as the culprit of wrong doing. they scammed 100s of $ from me with the fake bidders, out bidding real bidders. Ebay gets all the profit from this.

I complained to my State Attorney Generals Office more than once and told them eBay is a fraud.

They already know this. I was told ebay is being investigated for internet fraud.

View more comments (4)
Ebay Account
Loss

New e-bay feedback policy? | Ebay review from Estero, Florida

Hi; I am pissed that ebay will not let sellers leave negative feedback anymore. Just about all my auctions are getting won by new bidders with 0 feedback, then they disappear. Then e-bay makes you go through this huge dispute process that takes weeks, just to get listing fees back. I am done with e-bay. Feedback was all we had as ammo for bad buyers, now I look at the people who run up the bidding and it they all seem to be new to e-bay all with 0 for feedback. Anybody know of a better auction site?

The concealed bidding identities that once were shown in public auction allow shill bidders to have a party similar to private auctions. Ebay informed me they have no control over shill bidding unless the bids come from the same computer or Internet server.

The thieves place bids on library computers and work computers not to mention friends and family with different last names. Ebay makes it too easy to register and should change the setup every new registration should require a credit card for identification. Shill bidding is happening all over ebay and ebay has lost control. Shill-bidding organizations make huge profits.

Sellers pay a fee and the shill bidders in the organization are all over the map. Check out the cars and land auctions. The shill bidding organization assign shill bidders who rise bids and pay a fee depending on the final bid. The sellers request their listing fees back when they get stuck with a bid.

Ebay needs to establish new rules and new regulations. Anyone can become a member of the shill bidding organization as long as they maintain a monthly gross of $2000 and up.

Sincere S

BTW "Prowler99" you're a complete ignorant ***! It's people like you that make the USA the most hated country in the world.

Go back to your barn and lock yourself in. Please!

Sincere S

The “zero feedback” buyers that you mentioned are Ebay created characters that they create on a daily basis to bilk their smaller sellers out of more money; millions of dollars in fact. Of course they don’t want bad feedback left for their own creation and they are protecting their assets by claiming to protect buyers from negative feedback. What a crock! Their game has been going on for a couple of years now. Ebay has grown into the largest Internet scam in the world. They are trying to cater only to their “Power Sellers” which the majority of the so called power sellers are actually owned and operated by eBay. Ebay has gone in the business of marketing their own goods through these so called power sellers, with Ebay owned warehouses all over the country. Smaller sellers get in the way, and are competition for their goods, owned and operated by eBay, and they do everything in their power to rid themselves of competition. This is why they constantly create fictitious bidders with zero feedback to dissuade smaller sellers from selling on Ebay. Not to mention the exorbitant costs they charge to smaller sellers.

Also, there are thousands of reputable sellers that have been members for 10 years with excellent feedback and they are suspending them day after day for bogus reasons just because they don’t want the competition on their site.

Example: I have a very good friend that has been an Ebay seller for 10 years now, he does not depend on this as a living and owns a very lucrative storefront business as well as many other businesses in my area. He actually does the Ebay in his spare time and makes a few extra bucks, but this is basically a hobby for him; although he does list many marketable items by the 100’s. Also, he never accepted Paypal as payment, because he is a business and he has merchant accounts set up through his many storefront businesses. He has 100% feedback on Ebay and has sold thousands of items yet is not one of Ebays power sellers by choice. I noticed he doesn’t sell on Ebay anymore and asked him why. He told me they suspended his account for some unscrupulous bogus reason. Truth is, Ebay does not like members who do not accept Paypal because Paypal is their affiliate company and paypal also takes a percentage of all sales, in addition to Ebay’s percentage of the sale. After 10 years they booted him only because they do not want buyers to not go through their paypal system because they lose millions of dollars when payers to not use paypal. Ebay is the largest multi-billion dollar Internet scam the world. There will be competition for them soon. There are hundreds of thousands of pissed off people out there and Ebay had become a dirty word.

i think the new feedback system great, seller should not beable to give buyers feedback. all the feedback should be sellers only.

Forget Ebay. Sell on amazon. Its free

View more comments (4)

EBAY SHILL BIIDDERS IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE AUCTIONS

Do people think they are safe from shill bidders on Ebay when auction are public or when shill bidding snipes in the last seconds? Shill bidding happens in public and private auctions and doesn’t have a time frame. Clues to look for are low bids everywhere except for when one known high bidder bids. Check the other auctions and remember when only one person’s name registers for large amounts and every other auction have a winning low bid something could be up. Shill bidding happens when sellers are dishonest and isn’t limited to public auctions especially these days when the bidder can’t see the name of the other bidders in the public auctions, One lady sold clothes and when I bid I paid more than anyone else, I checked the seller’s feedback and all the final bids were small. I was the only one with large winning bids. There are dishonest sellers in both public and private auctions and shill bidding happens in the final minutes just as easily as any other time frame. I won a green dress for $180 and saw the exact same dress in blue with a final bid $30. I looked up the seller’s feedback and saw my name on all high bids. Be careful and don’t get into a *** contest with a skunk.

E-BAY ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Ebay review from Orlando, Florida

I'm am so *** Tired of e-bay selling junk to me and charging shipping (which the seller can make money off of by adding a nice lil rip-off called handling charge) and then charging even more if you decide to ship it back to get a re-fund-So the seller NEVER LOOSES Because of his or hers *** descriptions (lies!) So yo pay once to ship to you decide its not as described because the seller lied(JUNK) then you file a complaint with e-bay and they tell you oh we are sorry you can send it back and get a re-fund minus all shipping charges Who looses The BUYER for using *** E-BAY LOOSE EVERYTIME
Loss

EBay Auction report

EBay Auction report
I was betting for an item on eBay. When I won this item, I realized that if had wrong description from a seller. I tried contacting him asking if I can cancel my bet, but he wasn't helpful. So, I had to buy it... Here' some more details of this sory. The name of this item is: NEW RIM BLACKBERRY 7290 Unlocked PDA GPS SMART Phone. Well, not only from the name, but also from the specifications provided by seller, I got the impression that this Blackberry phone has a build it GPS, but that's not the case! This model douse not have it!

I am here to tell you that ebay has stood up for the buyer as opposed to me, the POWER SELLER every single time! I am not the Asian power seller that sells broken junk for one cent with a $20 shipping fee either (which is against ebay rules that I always report and ebay never does anything about), I am the disabled nurse struggling to make ends meet and I have sold less than 3000 items in 4 years.

If someone complains an item arrived broken and they didn't buy insurance, I am the one who pays for it! Someone complains an item didn't arrive, I paid for it! Don't bother buying insurance, I'll have to pay for it anyway! They don't want buyers upset.

They want YOU to come back! Sellers are a dime a dozen. And with paypal in the same corner, forget complaining about anything. They side with each other and you are just wasting your breath.

The rules for both companies change more often than the fees. You can never keep up. Believe me, sellers get screwed more than buyers. A buyer only needs to look at a seller's feedback.

No one should have a score of less than 99%. If they do, I don't buy from them.

You don't have to purchase an item from eBay and should have filed a dispute that the item was not described correctly. If it was a Power Seller, chances of winning the dispute are slim because Ebay protects all their power sellers for additional fees.

ebays fees are so high, a seller could open a shop for less money. Ebay caters only to power sellers. If this was not a power seller, you probably could have won a dispute because ebay doesn't protect their sellers at all.

They scew their sellers out of millions. Ebay BITES!

View more comments (1)
Review

Suspended by eBay for asking a question

I was suspended from eBay for asking a seller a shipping question. eBay includes private emails in such questions unless you opt out. I specifically mentioned an eBay service, "Buy It Now" and still they believe I was trying to circumvent their service and conduct an outside-of-eBay sale. I also don't know who reported my message as suspicious, the seller or some eBay staffer. So now to reactivate my account I will be required to fax (fax! is this the 80's?) a signature and personal information (including credit card copies with numbers blacked out) in order to file a formal appeal. So they make a mistake, I pay the cost. Sweet. Special thanks to eBay staffers Malcolm and Kendre for not being helpful in the least. Your outstanding service wins!
#52066

I was suppended for asking a question I asked it with capital letters and the seller said I was yelling at him and ebay aggred

It had to be more than this one problem to get suspended like that. You can go to suspended-from-ebay.com for more help

View more comments (1)
Ebay Account
moonstar7spirits is at it again piece of work claimed to be a *** had website turned on the *** community when straight consumers found out lady makes broken promises left negative feedback forced to retract feedback moonstar7spirits threaten me called me retarded go...

Does it work? :?

View more comments
Ebay Website
Norsewarlock haunted *** the biggest fraud going member of the shill bidding organization buyer bids against shill bidders paypal made the scammer give me refund avoid left positive feedback before item arrived the shill bidders are obvious look under feedback same...

I bought items from him before. And they didn't work.

Biggest bs* ever. His items are a SCAM!

P.s i left him pos. feedback, and I regret that >.

View more comments

Ebay=NO customer service

I have used ebay a number of times, with some satisfaction, and only one problem ( sent chk, did not get merchandis; reimbursed for all but $25). However, I have discovered that when sifning in to ebay, i am directed to a phishing site, a page that purports to be Ebay. On this page is a request for all srts of financial inf, bank a/c #s, ABA #s, credit card #s. Other than the blatant attempt to extract fin. info, the page has some grammatical errors that reveal its purpose. Any way, I attempted to online chat with ebay asking to get a new password and user name. They said i had to change my email address to do this. How can they expect the user to change their email address for a problem that should be resolved by ebay? I thought about this, and probably will not use ebay again. My general rule is that if a website cannot provide me with a telephone number, it is not worth my while. Ebay is a massive enterprise that is a consumer nightmare though it can be a place to save some money. The savings no longer outweighs their unwillingness to provide even a shred of customer service. They simply conside the consumer a necessary evil in their profit planning.

You don't need to change your username at all. You just need to change your password, and that's easily done on your own in My Account. Don't walk around uneducated and blame others for it.

Ebay Website

EBay introduces absolute anonymity for (shill) bidders

In Australia, the UK, Ireland and the Philippines, eBay has obscured auction bidding to the point that genuine bidders have got absolutely no chance of detecting and thereby protecting themselves from “shill” bidding (a criminal offence in most civilized countries) by unethical vendors. Notwithstanding eBay’s statements to the contrary, this application of absolute anonymity (ie, Bidder 1, Bidder 2, etc) by eBay on these sites serves absolutely no purpose other than to deceive consumers by making even any otherwise blatantly obvious shill bidding undetectable; and the same criticism has always been applicable to eBay’s other shill bidders’ facility, “User ID kept private”. My concern then is not so much with the effectively bidder-specific anonymity (“a***b (N)”) now in use in the US and elsewhere (and which still allows genuine bidders some opportunity to watch for suspicious patterns of bidding on a seller’s other auctions) but with the absolute anonymity (“Bidder N”) in use in Australia, the UK, Ireland and the Philippines. Again, notwithstanding eBay’s various pronouncements about shill bidding being banned on eBay, eBay is now, on these sites, effectively (and now knowingly) “aiding and abetting” such shill bidders to defraud consumers. … For those of you with a longer attention span, a lengthy critical analysis of this matter appears at: http://www.auctionbytes.com/forum/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=6498345#6498345 I apologise in advance for the length of this linked “rant”. Needless to say eBay would not tolerate it on their discussion forums and I have spent time on eBay’s “naughty chair” for posting links to it. If you are an unethical shill-bidding seller or a buyer who is not concerned that on the above-mentioned national sites eBay is effectively “aiding and abetting” such shill-bidding sellers to cheat you, read no further.