EBay (The Sting)
I've been an eBay member for a few years, making about 100 purchases or so and a few sales.
About 30-35% of the hi-tech and auto parts purchased end up as a complete waste, lost money. I'm not talking just about the standards in the far-east. Brand name products as well, these include Shipments from Canadian and US sellers.
Add those losses to the cost of your good eBay purchases and you'll find that you would have been better off to pay the big-box store price locally. (there are however, some exceptions).
Now this doesn't make sense to sustain this sort of retail atmosphere. In a brick and mortar real world, this company would be run out of town. So ....unless the whole thing is a scam, a sting..
In any scam, it's always good to have a dupe as well as a target.
At eBay you're the Target (the buyer) while the seller's plays the dupe (sometimes a clever dupe).
The whole scheme is setup to encourage the practice of delivering shabby goods, extra transactions, additional lstings, return shipments.
Unfortunately, the entire cost is brought to bear on the traget/buyer/YOU.
So who owns the sting...I suggest you look at the parties that win on every deal...
eBay for the listing fees
Fed-Ex for the shipping profits
Paypal for the transaction fees.
Okay, scam or conspiracy?
What's the difference?
Where there's smoke there's fire.
Considering the last lost, paypal, fed-ex, eBay and the eBay seller all made money on this deal at my expense. I dont even have the damaged goods.
The seller ships damaged goods or poorly packed and handled.
TI report the issue to the seller. The seller then makes the claim with the shipper.
Fed-Ex arranges pickup to investigate the damage claim nd perhaps pay the claim by the seller.
Fed-Ex uses a carrier that does not provide online tracking, so paypal denies any claim without online tracking (even with photocopies of signed documents) Fed-Ex knows this.
So Paypal doesn't refund and the seller, well he's the guy who shipped the damaged goods in the 1st place.
So, Ebay, rather than foster a retail performance strategy based on customer satisfaction 1st, we have one based on profit 1st for 3 parties to share.
And why not, they all make more money this way, especially fed-ex.
Paypal for financial transactions
Fed-Ex for shipping
ebay for selling transaction.
They can never lose. very, very clever.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I am not willing to order a self balancing scooter from online store, because i don't trust the quality. I think it is common to order a small gadgets online..."
- " I sold a beautiful and rare astronaut FDC signed by cosmonauts and US Astronauts , Deke Slayton and Vance Brand. The buyer , "GEORGE9785" , paid via paypal..."
- "The original Winco Space Medals are made from test materials. There are three Chinese Manufacturers producing these exact same medals but using a cheaper metal. This seller must have discovered..."
- "We recently moved into a new to us home with a MasterSpa. We had a Beachcomber at our previous home and loved how economical it was to run. I am..."
- "Hello! I;m May Ferris i am writing this on behalf of Paul Madore. We bought a dishwasher the warranty ran out nov,15,2015,last week as i was doing dishes..."
- "Purchased a car in May, My dream 2010 Black Camero SS. I even ordered it online. Filled out the paperwork for financing and put down $2000. I..."
- "Totally pissed off that they have the audacity to tell a paying member that they can't use equipment! I've been a faithful member for 7 years but it's time for..."
- "I do not feel to safe using the TTC, and I'm not sure if anyone in Toronto does. The workers are suspicious and unprofessional, other transit goers are threatening, and..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."