I've been an eBay member for a few years, making about 100 purchases or so and a few sales.
About 30-35% of the hi-tech and auto parts purchased end up as a complete waste, lost money. I'm not talking just about the standards in the far-east. Brand name products as well, these include Shipments from Canadian and US sellers.
Add those losses to the cost of your good eBay purchases and you'll find that you would have been better off to pay the big-box store price locally. (there are however, some exceptions).
Now this doesn't make sense to sustain this sort of retail atmosphere. In a brick and mortar real world, this company would be run out of town. So ....unless the whole thing is a scam, a sting..
In any scam, it's always good to have a dupe as well as a target.
At eBay you're the Target (the buyer) while the seller's plays the dupe (sometimes a clever dupe).
The whole scheme is setup to encourage the practice of delivering shabby goods, extra transactions, additional lstings, return shipments.
Unfortunately, the entire cost is brought to bear on the traget/buyer/YOU.
So who owns the sting...I suggest you look at the parties that win on every deal...
eBay for the listing fees
Fed-Ex for the shipping profits
Paypal for the transaction fees.
Okay, scam or conspiracy?
What's the difference?
Where there's smoke there's fire.
Considering the last lost, paypal, fed-ex, eBay and the eBay seller all made money on this deal at my expense. I dont even have the damaged goods.
The seller ships damaged goods or poorly packed and handled.
TI report the issue to the seller. The seller then makes the claim with the shipper.
Fed-Ex arranges pickup to investigate the damage claim nd perhaps pay the claim by the seller.
Fed-Ex uses a carrier that does not provide online tracking, so paypal denies any claim without online tracking (even with photocopies of signed documents) Fed-Ex knows this.
So Paypal doesn't refund and the seller, well he's the guy who shipped the damaged goods in the 1st place.
So, Ebay, rather than foster a retail performance strategy based on customer satisfaction 1st, we have one based on profit 1st for 3 parties to share.
And why not, they all make more money this way, especially fed-ex.
Paypal for financial transactions
Fed-Ex for shipping
ebay for selling transaction.
They can never lose. very, very clever.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bad Products
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "i ordered a sky bell security doorbell $125.00 returned it back because it was damage it was used opened a case I won in my favor stated refund 24/48 hrs..."
- "I have filed several complaints against EBAY for the sneaky way they make money & just how "Crooked" they really are. This is another complaint only this one is..."
- "Bought it for xmas. Item arrived in non operational condition. Provided negative feedback. This generated case. Had gotten price for items to fix and asked seller for partial refund, he..."
- "Boxing Day sale ad in NL Canada said 50 percent off throughout store. Exceptions new arrivals and door busters. Inside store very little with 50 off. Most old merchandise had..."
- "I painted the bottom of my boat exactly as directed. Put my boat in the water for 1 day. When I took it out of the water the paint was..."
- "Dishwasher 2 years old, October 2012 Cutlery Holder got brittle from using heated dry cycle and a fork fell through bottom, bumped up against heat element and melted a hole..."
- " There needs to be a Class Action Suit against Southern Motion please contact me so we can start a class action lawsuit. Strength in numbers... Quat Law Offices has..."
- "I have the exact same problem and it's so frustrating. I cannot open any pspimage file without corel pspx9 crashing on me. I have tried the same avenues..."
- "My name is Reginald Fain my claim #is2914710.From the months of April2016 to August 30 2016...a company named TNT 18008604857 also known as naughty date.com has been sole users of..."