eBay (The Sting)
I've been an eBay member for a few years, making about 100 purchases or so and a few sales.
About 30-35% of the hi-tech and auto parts purchased end up as a complete waste, lost money. I'm not talking just about the standards in the far-east. Brand name products as well, these include Shipments from Canadian and US sellers.
Add those losses to the cost of your good eBay purchases and you'll find that you would have been better off to pay the big-box store price locally. (there are however, some exceptions).
Now this doesn't make sense to sustain this sort of retail atmosphere. In a brick and mortar real world, this company would be run out of town. So ....unless the whole thing is a scam, a sting..
In any scam, it's always good to have a dupe as well as a target.
At eBay you're the Target (the buyer) while the seller's plays the dupe (sometimes a clever dupe).
The whole scheme is setup to encourage the practice of delivering shabby goods, extra transactions, additional lstings, return shipments.
Unfortunately, the entire cost is brought to bear on the traget/buyer/YOU.
So who owns the sting...I suggest you look at the parties that win on every deal...
eBay for the listing fees
Fed-Ex for the shipping profits
Paypal for the transaction fees.
Okay, scam or conspiracy?
What's the difference?
Where there's smoke there's fire.
Considering the last lost, paypal, fed-ex, eBay and the eBay seller all made money on this deal at my expense. I dont even have the damaged goods.
The seller ships damaged goods or poorly packed and handled.
TI report the issue to the seller. The seller then makes the claim with the shipper.
Fed-Ex arranges pickup to investigate the damage claim nd perhaps pay the claim by the seller.
Fed-Ex uses a carrier that does not provide online tracking, so paypal denies any claim without online tracking (even with photocopies of signed documents) Fed-Ex knows this.
So Paypal doesn't refund and the seller, well he's the guy who shipped the damaged goods in the 1st place.
So, Ebay, rather than foster a retail performance strategy based on customer satisfaction 1st, we have one based on profit 1st for 3 parties to share.
And why not, they all make more money this way, especially fed-ex.
Paypal for financial transactions
Fed-Ex for shipping
ebay for selling transaction.
They can never lose. very, very clever.117050cb review #110179
You may also like
- "GEORGE9785 currently lives in British Columbia, home to people from the Middle East due to Canadian Liberal Politics. I chose not to buy from him or support him in..."
- "This signed Neil Armstrong photograph, listed on eBay, and based on an online opinion from PSA, came back as " LIKELY NOT AUTHENTIC " . This item comes with..."
- "The ebay policy is 14 days money back, well after almost 50 days and a positive feedback, a buyer decided that the idem was: "not as described" the ebay catch..."
- " My mother sent two boxes (One jumbo and one small)to her family in the Philippines that she worked on for a long time...."
- "HMS sent an uninsured HVAC Apprentice (Carlos) to my daughter's house. He wanted to replace the inside unit of her heat pump, and didn't bother to "diagnose" the outside. The..."
- "THE BOWL WAS UNEATABLE. NO FLAVOR JUST A JUMBLE OF INGREDIENTS. WHAT A WASTE. THE WAY IT WAS ADVERTISED I EXPECTED A NICE FLAVORFUL BOWL. THIS TASTED LIKE IT WAS..."
- "I painted the bottom of my boat exactly as directed. Put my boat in the water for 1 day. When I took it out of the water the paint was..."
- "Boxing Day sale ad in NL Canada said 50 percent off throughout store. Exceptions new arrivals and door busters. Inside store very little with 50 off. Most old merchandise had..."
- "Dishwasher 2 years old, October 2012 Cutlery Holder got brittle from using heated dry cycle and a fork fell through bottom, bumped up against heat element and melted a hole..."